Your favourite thing you have made from reclaimed timber 🤔 📸

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in my introductory post, made from the reclaimed front office desk at Tadley Police Station!

In the shop for a re-wax.

I dug out my CH Hayward books and decided to go the whole hog, fitted cedar dust board, brass drawer lock and handle from the tip etc.. Assembly was interesting (cascamite so long open time) as the ten stub tenons had to go together as the front and back leg units were glued to the ends.

I do now regret scraping back the top so thoroughly as it bore years of patina including blue ink stains.

20240429_091444.jpg

I posted this in my introductory post, made from the reclaimed front office desk at Tadley Police Station!

In the shop for a re-wax.

I dug out my CH Hayward books and decided to go the whole hog, fitted cedar dust board, brass drawer lock and handle from the tip etc.. Assembly was interesting (cascamite so long open time) as the ten stub tenons had to go together as the front and back leg units were glued to the ends.

I do now regret scraping back the top so thoroughly as it bore years of patina including blue ink stains.

View attachment 188131
Being from across the pond what is a dust board Chubber? Nicely done!

Being from across the pond what is a dust board Chubber? Nicely done!
A dust board is a thin sheet of wood housed under each drawer and serves two purposes, to prevent dust worn from the drawer slides falling onto materials in the drawers below {think precious fabrics in museum conservation, prints & artwork etc al} or preventing access by destructive insects, where cedarwood is particularly appropriate.

Modern materials and storage construction has largely made them redundant.

Hello Brothers,
I just completed the second door to my plane cabinet. All of the cabinets in the pictures below were made of reclaimed timbers or reclaimed furniture. Some were from 1 x 6" birch trim obtained from the local bank when it was remodeled. Some were from pallets. Some from Canadian apple juice crates (48 x 42 x 1" thin-veneer plywood). Some from discarded furniture. Some from various other dumpster finds.
More to follow. I want to put doors on the remainder of the wall cabinets and the saw till.

001 PLANE CABINET DOORS open dsc04838.jpg

001 PLANE CABINET DOORS closed dsc04844.jpg

001 LEFT CORNER dsc04847.jpg

Latest posts

Back