Wood Working Quiz!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's a lot of people not looking quite closely enough at this video.
Anyone else noticed the box is comb jointed ?
Without seeing a better close up it's impossible to say whether it's been done correctly or not.

Even if it has been done correctly, it's still a poor piece to demonstrate with.

Rhossydd":1gnoxarx said:
I think there's a lot of people not looking quite closely enough at this video.
Anyone else noticed the box is comb jointed ?
Without seeing a better close up it's impossible to say whether it's been done correctly or not.

Even if it has been done correctly, it's still a poor piece to demonstrate with.

You are correct. It is box jointed.

I reckon it's the wrong screw length and placement for that thickness wood though. He'd have stuck the screw into his finger if it were long enough to reach the other piece, but he'd overtightened it anyway as it was spinning at the end so all is well with a bad demonstration.

Why wasn't he using an Axminster brand screwdriver...it's only a matter of time you know :D

Wuffles":s40mtlho said:
Why wasn't he using an Axminster brand screwdriver...it's only a matter of time you know :D
The cordless Festool driver he's using has to the most expensive screwdriver they sell.

Rhossydd":7br48i0k said:
Wuffles":7br48i0k said:
The cordless Festool driver he's using has to the most expensive screwdriver they sell.

You missed my point. They appear to be getting rid of other brands as quickly as their Chinese manufacturers can make their "own" brands. No longer selling Bessey, UJK is their answer to Kreg, own router bits. It's just a matter of time before the Festool line-up gets dumped, even the CXS (which is entry level for Festool). :D

The box joint is fair comment and I did notice that when I first posted but at no point did he explain about ensuring where the screw went and he did over-tighten it. I think if the video was a minute longer it could have explained thing in a little more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness my experience with Axminster has been excellent and their customer service has been brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoStu":1ajgqohb said:
I think if the video was a minute longer it could have explained thing in a little more detail.
The vast majority of woodworking videos are pretty dreadful. Most being tediously long with terrible technical quality.
The Axminster ones are at least acceptable technically, but trying to pack every subject into a single minute is just daft.

Why not just smash a 4 inch nail in (pilot hole first obviously )
pocket hole repair would look cack, even if it was done properly imho

Coley

Latest posts

Back