Wolf polisher

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim B

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I've been given a Wolf bench grinder.

In its past life someone has removed the rotary on/off switch so only means of powering it on/off is at the socket.

I'd like advice as to a suitable switch and how to wire it in please.

I'm not trying to restore it, just get it more safe to operate.

Many thanks

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_9104.jpeg
    IMG_9104.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • IMG_9232.jpeg
    IMG_9232.jpeg
    1.9 MB
This style is plentiful:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heschen-Universal-Selector-Changeover-Terminals/dp/B07LD22KKY

Research the size of cut out required before purchasing.

Install it in place of the chocoloate block shown in your picture.

The Amazon one has two operating positions. That might be good if you grind too much off something. Switch to the other position and the machine will put the material back on.
Thank you ChaiLatte for that information. I'll get to it.
Having a machine that can replace material will no doubt come in very useful as I restore a classic motorbike for the first time.
Having said that I hope it doesn't entail starting in reverse, as I wouldn't want the polishing mops and wire wheel to unwind themselves and make bids for freedom.

Hi I've been given a Wolf bench grinder.

In its past life someone has removed the rotary on/off switch so only means of powering it on/off is at the socket.

I'd like advice as to a suitable switch and how to wire it in please.

I'm not trying to restore it, just get it more safe to operate.

Many thanks

Tim
Hi, hope you might be able to help me, I have a 6” Wolf bench grinder 41730 model but no manual. It says 2950-3550 rpm on casing? Does that mean 1 side is going slower than other?? I can’t see any difference by eye and like the grinder but don’t want a fast speed?

I'm pretty certain it means that if the grinder is used in the UK where the power is 50Hertz the shaft speed will be 2950rpm. If the power is 60hertz like it is in North America it will be 3350rpm.

Pete

Latest posts

Back