Which vape?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 For Vaporesso, I swapped to the Xros Pro a few weeks ago from an Innokin T20, loads better.
The thing most folk forget, ignore, or don't care about re: quitting is the hand to mouth action. Overcoming that is a major stumbling block.

As for where to buy from, I can highly recommend VapeClub, place an order before 9PM for next day delivery, incl. weekends (over £20 spend) good prices, reward scheme, and for a change the helpline is actually helpful.

Last edited:
Propylene glycol is generally regarded as safe for human consumption, but there are some potential health risks associated with its use in e-cigarettes and vape juices. It is also believed to possibly irritate the throat and lungs due to its thin composition, although this has not been definitively proven.

When I say 'generally regarded' i certainly dont arrive at that conclusion from a get together down the local pub. It is generally regarded by the health authorities.

I think in life there are a lot of substances that people consume that are in relation unsafe. The top of the list there would be alcohol, which is a known poison, then we have caffeine, sugar, certain e-numbers but also things that people dont take through choice, namely pollution, from industry and more specifically vehicles.

If the argument for not vaping is that it is because of the ingredients, the same aspects of the argument must be placed onto the other harmful substances - alcohol, etc etc. But more so on things like pollutants.

Some might ask - Oh why do you vape ? or smoke ? when those are bad for your health and possibly for others around you, to which I could reply, Why do you make me breathe the fumes off your car/van/spacecraft when there are other non polluting options available.

So we all do things that are far from healthy for us, but in the case of vaping versus smoking cigarettes, vaping produces little to no effect on other people.
A decent argument and a lot of what you say is true but of all your points you can’t control what pollutants are put out into the atmosphere, or control what vehicles drive past your house , you can of course control what you inhale , consume or. You are free to make the choice to vape , smoke etc but it was not considered unsafe to inhale 2nd hand smoke until quite recently and I think the same will apply to vapes and e cigarettes in years to come . My concern is and this is my personal opinion that if you have smoked for many years, you give up and switch to vapes and year’s down the line it’s proved they are harmful in many ways what would do then ( as above hand to mouth) . I’m not a hypocrite as I was a heavy smoker, I was also a heavy cannabis smoker and I gave up both -weed 1st then the cigarettes. Giving up cigarettes was by far the hardest. So again personally I think vapes are less harmful than cigarettes but as the years roll on this could change. Another side of this thread is probably a more important question ( where do you buy your vapes from ?? ) do you know what ingredients are used , are they safe , much like bootleg cigarettes or moonshine , or prescription only medication that is freely available on the net .. just my own thoughts as I have no problem with what other adults choose to do..

In January this year I started the process of getting a replacement front tooth, an implant, because I didn't like the gap caused by losing the existing tooth. I was told I'd probably need a bone graft and that if I continued to smoke the bone graft would almost certainly fail. So, a few days later, I woke up on a Monday morning and decided to stop smoking by not opening the new packet of cigarettes I'd got in my hand to have my first smoke of the day. That packet of unopened cigarettes is still sitting just inside the door of my house, and it's sat there for just over eight months.

What has surprised me is just how easy it was to give up smoking. I struggled a bit, and I mean a bit, for about three to five days, but after that I had little or no urge to get a nicotine fix. The only hint I now have, months later, that I haven't quite fully kicked the habit is when I leave the house I sometimes instinctively pat my pockets to check that my cigarettes are there before remembering I no longer need to do that.

I'm aware of quite a number of people who struggled to give up, with quite a number failing, and many went to all sorts of lengths to stop smoking, e.g., self help groups, patches, hypnotism, vapes, cold turkey, patches, etc. So with having witnessed all those strugglers in mind I resisted the idea of giving up for years because I reckoned I'd be too weak willed to succeed.

To this day I cannot put my finger on why I found it relatively easy to stop smoking, but perhaps my brain was simply in the right place at the right time for me to succeed. In truth, I can't really say I feel any healthier, except I may have a bit more puff when riding up hills, I can smell things a bit more acutely, although taste doesn't seem to be any better, but the finances have taken a boost, which is the most obvious benefit I notice.

As to the question "Which vape?" Not a clue, I'm afraid. Never tried one. Sorry. Slainte.

Mine is the 88Vape classic. Home Bargain, Range type stores.
Carry plenty of replacement bits if needed too.
Like it because its not big and chunky, charges well and good battery life. About £5 for classic or £8 for the advanced one. Includes, vape, battery and charger too.

What has surprised me is just how easy it was to give up smoking.
I think it is easier for people now due to the changes in social attitudes and that smoking does not make you some handsome cowboy like the adverts of old portrayed but someone who has a nasty stench that follows them round and there are no hidding places anymore. I am sure many of us can remember people with those dirty old yellow stained fingers and so giving up is now the norm rather than participating.

I used to run a vape review YouTube channel here in the UK for a number of years, and generally the advice I've given is to find a reputable vape shop and go in and ask their advice. As long as they don't give you a product that means you're rebuilding coils and such then they should be able to offer a number of options for you.
Vaping stopped me smoking and is no-where near as bad as combustible cigarettes, and things like 'popcorn lung' are vastly overblown by the media - mainly due to it coming from workers in a popcorn manufacturing plant where they inhaled diacetyl consistently, although the law suit eventually failed when the workers sued the company due to lack of evidence.
Where vaping is involved the biggest concern was the use of diacetyl in some flavourings, however, this was vastly overblown but still manufacturers changed habits using less of the stuff to sweeten their flavourings.

I could go on about this all day, but I made this video some years ago that may answer some questions -

If you're going to switch from tobacco to vaping though, I would absolutely suggest finding a flavour that is not trying to replicate tobacco and is enjoyable in it's own right, that way it removes the desire to spark up by giving you a different flavour to enjoy rather than reminisce on the old smokes.
Also if you've not smoked for a bit, go into it with 0% nicotine as it likely won't be need because you're replicating the motions rather than weening off the nic. Funnily enough, the highly aggressive component of cigarettes that addicts you is the chemicals added in, and not the nicotine on it's own.

Over the years I've gone through a lot of the media rampage posts about the dangers of vaping, and pretty much all of them have been proven wrong, false studies, or outright debunked.
This is an interesting read from Kings College - https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/vaping-s...than-smoking-largest-review-of-its-kind-finds

To this day I cannot put my finger on why I found it relatively easy to stop smoking, but perhaps my brain was simply in the right place at the right time for me to succeed.
I saw a doctor. Still off the fags? No, I lasted about five months. Don't worry, you weren't ready. When you're ready, you'll stop.
He was right. 16/4/04.

Back