Waste disposal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at it from your local authority's position. They have statutory duties like social care and child protection. Things they have to do. Osborne slyly put in train a series of funding cuts which continued, they weren't allowed to increase council tax above government set thresholds. Councillors got the blame for service reductions forced on them by a small state ideology in central government, these were political choices. LAs do not have sustainable finance, after years of cuts, asset sales and using up reserves.

So if you are a council what do you do? Default on your statutory obligations or find ways to charge for anything that you don't have to do. You have to get some cash in. I doubt many elected representatives want to do any of this but their choices are limited. Write to your councillor, write to your MP, participate in campaigns and make sure you vote whenever you can.

And if you voted for a Conservative government or conservative councillors time after time, don't grumble, pay up proudly and say "this was an inevitable consequence of my choice". I did this.

Yes, Mrs Thatcher said that all Councils should raise their own revenue, and not rely on Central Government. She wanted a Country more like The United States. Then we found out she was mad.

Any local stables ? If you can organise your extraction to keep dust-generators separate from chippings then that gets rid of the bulky stuff. You could then do a Great Escape with the dust.

Any local stables ? If you can organise your extraction to keep dust-generators separate from chippings then that gets rid of the bulky stuff. You could then do a Great Escape with the dust.
You mean surreptitiously dropping it in the exercise yard? I try to do that, but my wife seems to be smarter than the ," goons' at Colditz.

Latest posts

Back