Am I being unreasonable here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down here in the SE Ihave been told by Bracknell Forest BC that i can not use my trailer to take gfarden rubbish because it is a 2 axle trailer.......just loverly.

There response to reasoned argument has been to ignore me.

yesterday I was prevented from emptying my trailer at the tip by the employees.

So what do I do now...I have a large garden...I need my cars kept clean for business use....do I have to take these people to court on grounds of discrimination, no laws being broken...WTF.

angry of Crowthorne
Al

I would guess it actually has four stub axles so it depends how pedantic you want to be.

flanajb, I would double check to see if the first information you were given is correct, because either the bloke who spoke to you was drunk, or whoever wrote the rules was.
If' that's no good then take Jake's advice and sell the pug to your mum for a £1 before buying it back when the rubbish is dumped, or you could even evict the wife for the day so that there is only one van on the property :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Fill the form in and say you only have one car. Life is too short to worry about petty bureaucrats.

Must say that I'm delighted that I live in Herefordshire with their excellent recycle-bin takes everything policy. So no sorting here, no sirree.

Malvern Recycling Depot is not that far away, well laid out, the guys are very helpful, plenty of space and rarely busy.

I find at my local dump if a crate of Stella accidently falls out of the van when your unloading and you forget to pick it up the lads tend to turn a blind eye.

Cheers

Jon

O.K taking 2 of the wheels off may not work (homer)

Attachments

• A_M32K-4A%20Weapons%20Trailer%20right%20front.jpg
    A_M32K-4A%20Weapons%20Trailer%20right%20front.jpg
    30.2 KB
Same problem for me at my nearest. If i go a few miles further, its not a problem, providing its not a signwritten builders etc van, or a hire van.

I have a van, same as you, berlingo, not business owned, not a tradesman (as such), not signwritten....

Wife had a berlingo multispace, which infact could carry more rubbish due to not having a bulkhead fitted. No problem taking that in, but my van, no way. Changed it to a normal hatchback car now, shame as i now have 3 gert big bags of wet garden waste to get rid of somehow. (hammer)

Latest posts

Back