Tool collecting addiction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SABLE=stuff accumulated beyond life expectancy. I've got it badly, because I love anything that looks good and works well.

As long as you dont amass 2 or more of the same tool (not sure exactly why thats has happened to me!) then your half way there !
...some bevel edged chisels, but the duplicates are ground 20-25 degrees for Intricate softwood stuff, I had to when I made a cold frame from salvaged cedarwood.

Musicians are afflicted by a similar condition commonly known as Gear Acquisition Syndrome, or GAS for short. I used to suffer from terrible GAS but then woodworking replaced music as the main hobby. Thankfully I don't have the tool collecting problem, it's not a problem, it's not a problem, it's not a problem...🤪
Certainly agree with the comment about musicians. Used to know a guy who had more electric guitars than you could shake a stick at. Pretty much every room had at least one, and his living room had them hanging on the walls, lined up behind the sofa etc. When I said " got enough guitars?", the friend who had introduced us, and had known this guy for years, just laughed. He took me to one of the bedrooms and on opening the door there were just rows and rows of the things, and more hanging from the ceiling.

There is a chap on another forum who at last count had I believe 5 different versions of the Harrison M300 lathe! Bearing in mind these are about 6 foot long, weigh 3/4 of a ton and cost anything from £5-15k I wish I had the room, or indeed the money.

Looking at these sort of people I can easily convince myself that having a couple of hundred screwdrivers is perfectly normal :)

I have about 25 different pliers and grips. A neighbour looked in my workshop at nine or ten tool boxes and asked if I had enough - I don't know whether she believed me when I said I had another sixteen indoors.

Latest posts

Back