Toggle latch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could look to get some catches like this one, the toggle latch part isn't really a problem its the hook plate design I cant find.

Most of the latches I can find work in the same plane, this one is at 90 degrees.

catch.jpg

Thank you @Inspector & @ChaiLatte , out of interest what did you use as search terms, nothing came up for me, having said that I didn't use 90 degree as a description, there are more than enough options in your findings.

Really appreciate your help.

...what did you use as search terms...

I have known of Protex for ages. I suggested them as a likely source rather than a positive lead. It was purely luck that a catch of the same shape as in your picture is in one of their pictures. I hope they are not misleading us both by photographing something they do not sell.

Silly cheap at screwfix where I got my last bag of them..

Attachments

• IMG_1909.png
    IMG_1909.png
    926.2 KB · Views: 0
...got them from screwfix, I just searched toggle latch

Silly cheap at screwfix...

Please see highlighted in bold some important information from the original post:

"the toggle latch part isn't really a problem it's the hook plate design I can't find"

Please could you provide the Screwfix code for a product that meets this requirement. Thanks.

Please see highlighted in bold some important information from the original post:

"the toggle latch part isn't really a problem it's the hook plate design I can't find"

Please could you provide the Screwfix code for a product that meets this requirement. Thanks.
As I already said, silly cheap at £6.00 for a complete pack of 10 latches and hooks..of course if things are that tight you could go online and find these at £0.81 + vat for a single hook part although p&p will probably
IMG_1910.png
still make it more expensive..

I appreciate your input @Terrytpot but the ones you suggest will not work for my purposes, I need one that works at 90 degrees as outlined in my OP:

catch.jpg

Tbh, it would probably be easier just to buy a length of flat bar and just make one..bend the end around a small screw, mark out and drill the mounting holes and then a final bend before cutting to length and de-burring.

Latest posts

Back