THE FOURTH OF JULY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2029 they wil be saying on account of labours failure to handle anything and in 2034 it will be back to blaming the conservatives and the merry go round continues because no one is actually capable of taking a hard enough stance and fixing the root cause of the problems
Possibly, but I'd be surprised if Labour do as much to undermine the integrity of UK politics as the Tories have during their term of office - not just their failed policies, but their general conduct while supposedly in public service. Appalling.

Looking at the Deform winners, you've got Farage, Tice, and 30p Lee. What a trio.

(don't really know much about Rupert Lowe)

It may have something to do with providing ID in order to vote nowadays. I voted by postal vote to avoid this but when I went with the old man to vote there were many disgruntled people in the queue at the polling station who weren't happy about it.
I was only aware of two people turning up without valid ID, and they both went home and fetched it.

I was only aware of two people turning up without valid ID, and they both went home and fetched it.
But you do have to wonder how many hunted around for a photo ID and didn't find one, so didn't bother going. Well ordered homes with the time, space and facility to file and find everything won't have this problem so much.

But you do have to wonder how many hunted around for a photo ID and didn't find one, so didn't bother going. Well ordered homes with the time, space and facility to file and find everything won't have this problem so much.
Indeed. I wasn't in favour of the photo ID requirement. I actually wrote to my erstwhile MP about it, as there was, as far as I know, no evidence of significant fraud. It was introduced to try and benefit the Tories, but backfired at the last by-elections.

It's not the inconvenience of producing the ID, its the need to do so that I have an issue with. How many elections have been in this country without needing photo ID? How many results have been contested?

Fair enough if there was evidence of fraud in the past but there hasn't been ever. Voters need ID which is produced by the state in order to vote, which costs money to either sign up or renew. Money which goes back to the government.

The elections is really one of the few times in this country the public actually have a say in what happens in the future and for the Tories to try and restrict the voter so they can jump through hoops that they have laid down is basically wrong in my eyes.

I sincerely hope that the Labour government abolishes it.

Bright and sunny here. Though unfortunately my constituency still returned a Tory (oh, and nearly 14% voted Deform 🤦‍♂️ ).
it was hilarious last night on sky, they went to talk to Angela Rayner who was outside.......in Manchester... in the rain it was bucketing off her umbrella.

everywhere else seemed dry

Voters need ID which is produced by the state in order to vote, which costs money to either sign up or renew. Money which goes back to the government.

The elections is really one of the few times in this country the public actually have a say in what happens in the future and for the Tories to try and restrict the voter so they can jump through hoops that they have laid down is basically wrong in my eyes.

I sincerely hope that the Labour government abolishes it.

Voters need ID which is produced by the state in order to vote, which costs money to either sign up to, retain or renew?

It was free. Dn't let facts get in your way.

It is actually not a great result for Labour, I know they got a lot of seats, but lots of the gains are a result of Reform splitting the right wing vote with 4 million votes.

Voters need ID which is produced by the state in order to vote, which costs money to either sign up to, retain or renew?

It was free. Dn't let facts get in your way.

The 2 main ID's you need to in order to vote in yesterday's election are

Driver's License - Provisional Application costs £34.00-£43.00
Driver's License renewal - £21.50

Passport application £75.50
Passport renewal £88.50

Yes there are other forms of ID for free which requires you to go online and apply for things but why should the voter have to do all this in order to vote in the first place? It's never been a problem in the past why is it now?

Corbyn wins his seat, something Starmer should learn from and accept that there are still people who are true labour.
He'll be right at home back on the opposition back benches where he can whinge and moan to his heart's content without having any actual responsibility for making anything of actual consequence happen.

He'll be right at home back on the opposition back benches where he can whinge and moan to his heart's content without having any actual responsibility for making anything of actual consequence happen.
Seat him between Farage and Tice for maximum entertainment.

Assuming Farage and Tice ever actually turn up, of course.

There'll be that, but I'm glad he'll be in the HoC - he has integrity, stands for what he believes and has a long history of doing so. They need more of that in the Commons.

Latest posts

Back