TA315 or TA450 Mitre Track Information

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsjwilson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All.
I am looking for some information on the size and shape of the mitre track in these machines, and what distance they are offset either side of the blade.

Any ideas appreciated on this, and also the relative values of a side bar based mitre, rather than a newer machine with mitre tracks that would take a home built sled.
BW
Jamie

You've got the TA450, did you ever get it working? Saw

Mine runs with the side mounted rails that are bolted on, but its the big sliding carriage version, and more of a pain to use, so doesn't get much use.

You've got the TA450, did you ever get it working? Saw

Mine runs with the side mounted rails that are bolted on, but its the big sliding carriage version, and more of a pain to use, so doesn't get much use.
Yes. I had to bite the bullet on a new SOL. Since then it's been sweet. Unexpectedly currently reripping about 100m2 of 1.5" of ?stone pine floorboards, very high resin very heavy floor boards.

Is that the 620mm attachment? I don't have that but am curious about it. It does seem bulky. Mine doesn't have any mitre tracks, and was thinking of creating my own side mounted cross cut sled.

Attachments

• 20240909_213820.jpg
    20240909_213820.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I don’t believe the Sedgwick machines have mitre tracks, the TA315 comes with a sliding table as standard.

I don’t believe the Sedgwick machines have mitre tracks, the TA315 comes with a sliding table as standard.
Older machines don't, but newer machines do come with mitre tracks, but they aren't detailed in their specs or manuals.

Attachments

• TA315-cw-Optional-610mm-XCT-Table-1024x768.jpg
    TA315-cw-Optional-610mm-XCT-Table-1024x768.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
Back