Speed Limit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Barney related to Mike and Sally? Ring any bells?
Ah - The Bells, The Bells!!

I haven't tried to trace either :) - I have traced Barney back to being my mothers 3rd cousin though.

I like the idea of a HUD stops you staring at the speedo when driving through a restricted zone and no other cars around to check your speed against, unless they are speeding as well, Ho Hum.

I like the idea of a HUD stops you staring at the speedo when driving through a restricted zone and no other cars around to check your speed against, unless they are speeding as well, Ho Hum.
Our main cars have good digital speed display but the motorhome dials are low and not easy to read so I bought a cheap Chiwanese HUD ( around £20 ) which plugs into the OBD2 port and I located the readout on the windscreen in the lower right of my vision. Far safer with no distractions. HUD should be fitted to all new cars as standard not just an expensive add on.
You can buy satellite versions as well and because the display is large it's much better than the speed display on a sat nav. Mine has been fitted for 5 years and so good that I fitted one to the little Skoda towcar as well.

EDIT
They've come down in price, I might well buy a spare. BTW some of them list not suitable vehicles including Fiat and diesels, don't believe it, E.G. our motorhome is a diesel Fiat, :confused: if the car has an OBD port it will work, if it doesn't buy the satellite or dual model.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196497238507?itmmeta=01J4BM3ZDTA4RMKHB7A13AYES3&hash=item2dc025e9eb:g:9IMAAOSwR~5mkKJr&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA0MLSakxJV0sTo8NudUuprJnPMqbBP9UzVG53Q7YjkLkAxOXFA/3OYVrQ35j8vIkqaHNj0UL7AvY6FV4e02QD/vogVFum33L/Doqrna6mpQwUe7OSDULE2EaVpjY7RCe5p2WaoQG9CV+pN+0Mz6XBm2evOW2mMn8Mjlx2c52/DgPe+oLaRLxRty9JFGaRvcpoy7OtMLJKqgznxBkv+F4tHTSixolcVXgV8+rUqLvU8jIcfJUIWXkvgjbViQJ1eGP7WqRkKAiFNDTniprUj52UXnk=|tkp:BFBMgveP9KJk&edge=0

Last edited:
Our main cars have good digital speed display but the motorhome dials are low and not easy to read so I bought a cheap Chiwanese HUD ( around £20 ) which plugs into the OBD2 port and I located the readout on the windscreen in the lower right of my vision. Far safer with no distractions. HUD should be fitted to all new cars as standard not just an expensive add on.
You can buy satellite versions as well and because the display is large it's much better than the speed display on a sat nav. Mine has been fitted for 5 years and so good that I fitted one to the little Skoda towcar as well.

EDIT
They've come down in price, I might well buy a spare. BTW some of them list not suitable vehicles including Fiat and diesels, don't believe it, E.G. our motorhome is a diesel Fiat, :confused: if the car has an OBD port it will work, if it doesn't buy the satellite or dual model.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196497238507?itmmeta=01J4BM3ZDTA4RMKHB7A13AYES3&hash=item2dc025e9eb:g:9IMAAOSwR~5mkKJr&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA0MLSakxJV0sTo8NudUuprJnPMqbBP9UzVG53Q7YjkLkAxOXFA/3OYVrQ35j8vIkqaHNj0UL7AvY6FV4e02QD/vogVFum33L/Doqrna6mpQwUe7OSDULE2EaVpjY7RCe5p2WaoQG9CV+pN+0Mz6XBm2evOW2mMn8Mjlx2c52/DgPe+oLaRLxRty9JFGaRvcpoy7OtMLJKqgznxBkv+F4tHTSixolcVXgV8+rUqLvU8jIcfJUIWXkvgjbViQJ1eGP7WqRkKAiFNDTniprUj52UXnk=|tkp:BFBMgveP9KJk&edge=0
Probably not usable on a motorbike but there are apps for phones that provide heads-up. You put your phone on the dash and it reflects in the screen. You can combine that with a Bluetooth ODB or use the GPS in the phone.

Probably not usable on a motorbike but there are apps for phones that provide heads-up. You put your phone on the dash and it reflects in the screen. You can combine that with a Bluetooth ODB or use the GPS in the phone.
That would be great for watching in-car movies while tediously driving at 50mph in the 25 mile long No-Visible-Workmen Zone on motorways. Add in cruise control and you;re good to go. ;)

Latest posts

Back