Sourcing Birch plywood - the good stuff!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a supplier for 1 sheet (8 x 4) birch ply in 9 (or 12mm) for a furniture project - it needs to have one side free of "plugs" and be long-grain (and the light Birch colour) so B/BB according to the standard specs

I've done a lot of searching but not found any supplier that will supply 1 sheet. Ideally I'd like a couple of cuts (if only to get it in my car)

Any recommendations please? (I'm in the Midlands but not too bothered where it might be located)

I've got a supplier for bb/bb at £70 sheet in 12mm bit less in 9mm.
Beautiful board though

Attachments

• IMG-20241018-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20241018-WA0000.jpg
    74.7 KB
BB will always have plugs.

James Latham in Dudley is not far from you. Quality will be good and they will supply one sheet in my experience if you collect. Not cheap but quality is good.

BB will always have plugs.

James Latham in Dudley is not far from you. Quality will be good and they will supply one sheet in my experience if you collect. Not cheap but quality is good.
Thanks - I'll give them a shout but another branch of Latham was distinctly unhelpful when I spoke the other day.

The sheet I'm looking for must have an area 1600 x 900 that has no plugs on one side (it's for a dining table top that will be clear-coated)

Back