sip 01509 saw guard problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianf

Reaction score
hello
not sure if ths is the place to post this . i bought a sip 12" 01509 of ebay the 110v model to take to france it was s/h ,very light use ( looks like less than 1 hr) it was in bits thats ok but i cannot get the guard to travel up as the blade drops down , i have looked at pictures at the sips site plus around the web hope some one may have a clear idea.

thanks ianf

It's not designed to do that Ian.

Haven't come across any low to mid end saws that do that.

Generally the guard is attached to the riving knife that in turn is attached to the same mechanism as the blade, so that when you raise the blade the riving knife and guard raise also, and vice versa.

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding ?

Cheers, Paul :D

hello paul

i have no manual for it so it maybe incomplete , but i ran it up on my jenny also going over with me it is very smooth but the bar that would i guess pull up the guard doesnt i dont no if there is a spring that should be involved or which way around the draw bar goes as one end has a long slot and the other end a 8mm dia hole which either attaches to the blade guard or to the upper chassis/ frame,

ianf

I think were talking mitre saw,i had a power devil many year's ago
and encoutered the same problem.
All i can remember is you put the spring together before
bolting the guard to the saw!

i am also wondering if there should be a spring in there and the bar is just a simple stabliser it is a pain as to use it you have to keep it up with one hand, not to good but the saw its self is really nice hope some has one of these on this site mine is the 110v the other model is 01502 thats the 230v version, i paid £104.00 for it as new but shipped returned.
I bought it as it has a 315mm blade where as others seemed to be fitted with a 305mm and i have some big sections to deal with on the barn roof.

ianf

andycktm":2lrighr3 said:
I think were talking mitre saw

Aah, I was misunderstanding then, saw SIP 12" and leapt to the assumption it was the table saw :oops:

Can't help on the mitre saw Ian I'm afraid, sorry !

Cheers, Paul :D

hello
yes threre is an orange latch on the r/h side of the guard , i have found a spring that shoud be closing the guard but can't for some reason, its not broken but it will wind only the wrong way to my mind which is anticlockwise ,when infact i feel it should tension clockwise from my perspective on my lap ,so really confused and it is a sliding compound mitre saw model SIP 01509

ianf

well solved it finally i phoned sip support they where hopeless and i was desperate to play so ...it was supplied with the wrong actuating bar it was about 1" to long ,so drilled hole back about 1" and now the guard lifts correctly.
just to add it is the 110v model and is awesome i plugged it into the 110v outlet on my suntom china diesel jenny and made some cuts 13" long it draws about 2400w @110v making a load of around 22amps the jenny delivers flawlessly ,the saw is fairly quite and very smooth not sure if it is electronically braked or any kind of brake but blade seems to slow quicker than it should if it just freewheeled down.

Regulations require all saws to be fitted with some kind of breaking mechanism that brings everything to a stop within 10 seconds, so that's nothing to worry about really.

ok it may stop in that time , i will check and see.

thanks ian

Back