Saw storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hsmith192

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ve managed to obtain 8 saws over the years and wanted to incorporate them in a tool cabinet.

Does any body have other good storage solutions for dovetail saws and tenon saws?

Thanks ☺️

There you go, right to hand quick and easy. Plus a handsaw that lives with the saw horse.

A4DF6B8B-5F59-4D26-A49C-E77FA30BDBC1.jpeg

My dovetail saws & fine crosscut saw have a holder of their own as if I’m honest they don’t get as much use as they should & sit on a shelf.

IMG_20240815_180912370.jpeg

My tenon saw gets more use & is on my tool wall.

IMG_20240815_181115062.jpeg

I’ve a couple of panel saws but they just hang on a hook by the workshop door as more often than not they get used outside

A saw till.
View attachment 186194View attachment 186196
I used french cleats in the till so I can rearrange the layout. The till itself hangs in a french cleat so if I ever move the whole thing comes along to a new shed.
Regards
John
I see you are a tooth in person. Do you know which saw is which from the back? I always find myself glancing at the teeth before selecting.

I see you are a tooth in person. Do you know which saw is which from the back? I always find myself glancing at the teeth before selecting.
Could be a problem if they all looked the same but after a while you can identify the one you are after. When they hung flat on the wall it was easy to pick but when you start getting more saws they take up too much wall space that way.
Regards
John

My dovetail saws & fine crosscut saw have a holder of their own as if I’m honest they don’t get as much use as they should & sit on a shelf.

View attachment 186167

My tenon saw gets more use & is on my tool wall.

View attachment 186168

I’ve a couple of panel saws but they just hang on a hook by the workshop door as more often than not they get used outside
One day I'll own a Veritas saw or saws but have so many older ones that get good use. I need to get to one of their outlets and try them out. Been tempted many of times.

Back