Saw gauge and clamping squares.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
I came into possession of these very cheaply a few days ago. Both were well made the clamping squares almost sucking together and the saw gauge very shiny.
The saw gauge I tried and disappointingly my saw was perfect! So I'm gonna sell this on ebay. Disappointed because 3 mins and this beautiful device was redundant.
The clamping squares I've not used yet but they are in perfect as new condition. But honestly I'm struggling to know how to use them(or even what there for) they may have some use as clamping corners on mitred assemblies...maybe. but I may just sell these while there perfect. A band clamping is a much superior arrangement.

I've found a good use for the clamping squares. Thought They were great for checking your squares. Although there actually not square! Even with themselves?there a few thou open.thought these were super accurate.

Just figured out they can be 3 thou out. They give the deviation in degrees oddly. It's not bad though but three thou is definite small gap.

Back