Rodding it out.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyT

Established Member
Reaction score
C4E10F5D-D643-4D4E-AC36-56E09F3A728C.jpeg

The most enjoyable work. Tapered ecliptical curves trammelled, templated on the band and spoke shaved to suit the rod, when it all lays on the lines it’s fantastic.

5D34A44E-E639-48ED-9AFE-4B396D34866B.png

41EAA27C-3DD0-4EEF-BFFC-8E68D946762B.png

The Rod dictates all.

Scotty

That's great work. Why did you not template on the spindle? And the question what's it for?
Thanks Johnny, I get all my templates out by hand, when I am happy they are good, i run multiples out on the follower/bearing, particularly on multipliers like this to check it’s doesn’t shrink or grow along the rod.
When I’m happy I take the template to spindle out all the stock.
This is an entrance gate

Scotty

Very impressive work, I see many hours of preparation and planning and then the work itself. Awesome 👏👏
Thanks for that. Yeah, it is a lot of hours, about 10 to draw the rod and get the templates out, and what you see there on the bench in wood is about 7 days work so far.
Still a lot of work on it yet, once I’ve biscuit jointed the curves and screwed the lattice work together, I’ll get out a giant template for the ring fence, and push these around the spindle in one piece to form the tenons that go into the rails.
It’s superb work things like this, always on your toes

Scotty

Back