rexon BS10KA bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianf

Reaction score
hello all .. Rexon bs10ka

550w induction and accs inc and stand/feet.

just a quick question does anyone no the maximum width of blade this machine can take i would like to use it for ripping ,it seems the cheapest with a reasonable amount of power it is fitted with a 1/4"blade. it also has a good depth of cut 130mm ..price today at £140 inc del

happy new year to all.

ian

I've just done some Googling bit cannot find an answer to this either. You should be able to get a ½in. blade on there, I reckon. If it states anywhere that the saw can take a 5/8" blade though, that's probably incorrect - it may well on the tyres of the wheels but, the frames on these cheaper saws are rarely up to tensioning a standard-thickness blade any more than ½in. wide.

You could always contact Toolsave, one of the other suppliers or perhaps even Rexon directly to find out?

thanks
i think i am going to pass this one and look for a second hand b/s with a bigger rip cut although space is not an issue (( its going in a barn in sw france) but power is and at550w that was good looking for about 6"...

thanks ian

That sounds like a wise decision. Many older saws will be able to tension wider blades as their frames are far more substantial.

Word of warning, though - 'height under the guides' doesn't strictly equate to 'maximum depth of cut'... Blade selection can play an important part (fewer teeth for a deeper cut) but the most important factor would be the size of the motor.

For one off jobs, it's not so bad if you set the saw up carefully and take it steady (don't stall the motor). For regular deep-sawing though, you should probably be looking for a saw with 16-18" wheel diameter and 250-300mm below the guides (minimum!).

thanks again

i edited my last post and some was cut off,

one of my problems is power we are very limited and of course cost, but in an ideal world looking to cut upto about 6".

thanks ian.

Back