Recommendations for iron-on Beech veneer 19mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to edge-band by 18mm plywood, which is veneered in beech.
I'd like to edge band using real-wood beech veneer, 19mm wide (or I can live with 18mm). Ideally, i'd like it to be around 1mm (or more!) thick, but I know most are thinner than that, which I can live with if I have to.

So many options online.
Can someone please recommend a real-wood beech veneer edge band, that is (ideally) thicker than the usual 0.6mm?
Thanks!

lovely, thank you!
Open to other recommendations too

Last edited:
Lee Valley in Canada sell a twin router bit set that routs a crescent shaped edge on the door and a convex shaped edge on solid wood to match. The join is completely invisible but still solid wood. Worth the investment assuming you have a router table.

Spindle moulder…..or use Euro cutters 34 & 35 on a spindle (circa £19 for a set of cutter and limiter, or £38 for both sets needed…..and then around £10 to replace the cutter thereafter)

I am not sure whether you are disagreeing with my comments or genuinely asking where I get lipping from
If you are disagreeing that is up to you
I always cut lippings on the table saw
Oh sorry! I was asking where you BUY it from :)
I would never (intentionally) be that rude.

I no longer have a table saw, but I saw an online retailer (link above) selling 2mm thick lipping for ~£45 inc. for 50m. Which isn't 'cheap' but not bad, considering I can sand and chamfer the edge of the lipping.

Back