Quality screwdrivers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_d

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer of good quality screwdrivers?

I want to invest in a decent set that will last.

Cheers,
C

Wera in my opinion make good long lasting sets of screwdrivers. Which are of a reasonable price.

You have to take into account the quality of your own wrist, thats 50% of screwing.
There's some people I wouldn't lend my screwdriver to.

Havent bought a new s.d. in years myself.

I bought a set from axminster last year and three of them have crumbled! I'd go for the Wera's next.

It really depends on what you're after. I have a set of three very good Marples 'drivers with boxwood handles...similar things are made by Crown these days (but no boxwood) For Pozi's I always use the blue handled Stanley's, not very glamorous to be fair, but a good all round 'driver with decent steel - Rob

For most jobs you can't beat a spiral ratchet screwdriver :D

Yankee1.jpg

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi,
4 years ago I got Tom Lie-Nielson to make me a set of slotted drivers as the Crown ones I had were not even straight, they are as good quality as his planes and chisels.

Paul Chapman":z855tcp2 said:
For most jobs you can't beat a spiral ratchet screwdriver :D

Yankee1.jpg

Paul
Hi Paul - I can't see the pic, but I can guess what it is! :whistle: :lol: - Rob

Paul that is a very nice set that you have made. I think it is useful having more that one as you can have at least two different bits ready for instant use.

newt":3imho13v said:
Paul that is a very nice set that you have made.

Actually, the top one is paulm's Lie Nielsen, the second and fourth one were made by paulm and I made the third one. I also made this one from a piece of Acacia

Screwdriver14.jpg

As you say, it's very handy having several with different bits that are used frequently.

Paul

Paul Chapman":1kfd1dlj said:
newt":1kfd1dlj said:
Paul that is a very nice set that you have made.

Actually, the top one is paulm's Lie Nielsen, the second and fourth one were made by paulm and I made the third one. I also made this one from a piece of Acacia

Screwdriver14.jpg

As you say, it's very handy having several with different bits that are used frequently.

Paul

It's obviously cordless, do the batteries last well?

Latest posts

Back