Post a photo of the last thing you turned

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First attempt at off-centre turning.
3 sided box.
D.

Attachments

• 07486BFC-EB48-4B26-BA94-6519E3A37286.jpeg
    07486BFC-EB48-4B26-BA94-6519E3A37286.jpeg
    1.3 MB
  • F8749844-1D39-431A-AD07-1CDD46886B0B.jpeg
    F8749844-1D39-431A-AD07-1CDD46886B0B.jpeg
    1 MB
The cherry burl saga
Short day at the workshop for me got the off cut and processed for turning a small bowl one end had this View attachment 189952
And the other end was light soft airy, a bit like pumice stone. Got it to a basic outside shaped and a tendon on the end. Turn my attention to the rottten end pieces soaked as much wood hardener and put epoxy glue into the cracks.View attachment 189955View attachment 189954
Leaving it to cure till tomorrow afternoon fingers crossed😏
Be very cautious using wood hardener, I've used the ronseal wood hardener in the past, even after leaving it for a week it gets very gummy and clogs up the sanding mesh and what did come up into the air as dust made me feel sick for a few days, it also didn't actually penetrate very far especially on side grain.

Be very cautious using wood hardener, I've used the ronseal wood hardener in the past, even after leaving it for a week it gets very gummy and clogs up the sanding mesh and what did come up into the air as dust made me feel sick for a few days, it also didn't actually penetrate very far especially on side grain.
Hi been very impressed with fixums and like your ronseal it does on penetrate as deep as I'd like. However on the can it recommends mixing it with acetone for deeper penetration. Haven't had any problems with me sand paper clogging up. As I dont have a dust extraction just a Hoover I invested in a positive air flow safety helmet very early on so as not to worry about wood toxicity and breathing dust during my time in the work shop. Trees are looking good.

Back