Post a photo of the last thing you turned

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stig ...
What's that fiendish plumbing 'T' piece object to the left of your Snowman army ?
I posted them a couple weeks ago, I call them plumbers hammers, the one in that pic is ebony and (I think) Holly, the bigger one I did is cherry and beech, both made without adhesive using the compression olive to fit the heads just as you would if the was being used with copper pipe, the handles were turned to the exact size so i could twist them into the piece and cut a thread intonthe wood.
20241005_185715.jpg20241003_151318.jpg

No worries. I'd love a moisture meter but the good ones seem to be fairly expensive, I need to improve my dust collection and air cleaning first, then there's a whole list of tools and stuff I need 😅
I've got a cheap one from Ali Express aka Amazon and an expensive one and to be honest there is very littl difference in the readings between the two, not enough to worry about in my opinion,they both read 15%.

I think tech is now getting to the point that cheap non branded items is really on par with the well known branded items . The cheap one cost me 9.99 including postage and is what I use to check my firewood delivery .

Latest posts

Back