portable chisel storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure that you could use these ideas in a box, however these are drawers (in a cabinet under my bench) and may offer some inspiration.

Each drawer has a sliding tray. Top level ...

13.jpg

Lower level ...

Top level ...

Lower level ...

Regards from Perth

Derek
That is some very nice looking chisel storage. Are those Harold and Saxon chisels at the top? Or did you ever get to try them and review? I have recently purchased some HNT Gordon goodies and think they're fantastic. Seeing their chisels on the webpage is very appealing!

Harry, the top layer of chisels are Veritas PM-V11 bench chisels with (mostly) custom Ebony handles (from the factory), and the lower layer are the first run of Blue Spruce dovetail chisels with (mostly) African Blackwood handles. Both get used regularly.

Harold & Saxon chisels leave a bad taste in the mouths of Australian woodworkers since most (myself included) failed to receive their paid orders. This was about a decade ago. Requests and promises went on for years - I think some still try, but most have resigned themselves to the fact that their money is lost. Of importance, this was with orders direct to H&S. I would trust orders to HNT Gordon since Terry Girdon is a straight shooter.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Harry, the top layer of chisels are Veritas PM-V11 bench chisels with (mostly) custom Ebony handles (from the factory), and the lower layer are the first run of Blue Spruce dovetail chisels with (mostly) African Blackwood handles. Both get used regularly.

Harold & Saxon chisels leave a bad taste in the mouths of Australian woodworkers since most (myself included) failed to receive their paid orders. This was about a decade ago. Requests and promises went on for years - I think some still try, but most have resigned themselves to the fact that their money is lost. Of importance, this was with orders direct to H&S. I would trust orders to HNT Gordon since Terry Girdon is a straight shooter.

Regards from Perth

Derek
That is very disappointing to hear. Thank you for letting me know

Back