New RP bandsaw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I see Record Power have released a new saw. the Sabre 300 priced at £999

Not sure theres a market for a 12" saw as theres only £169 between that and the larger 14"

I can see the need for a 10" sabre, but the 12" is a pretty big saw, and the 14" is much the same size give or take, so in any workshop looking to get a bigger saw, you'll be just as well buying the 14"
14" has a bigger table, increased depth of cut and is heavier(though at this size its not really about weight, but about floor space it takes up and thats minimal.

Thoughts ? Is there a market for the sabre 12" over the 14" ?

I'm looking at both the 300 & 350.
Obviously the extra depth of cut of the 350 is an advantage, as is the slightly larger table, taller fence for resawing & bearing blade guides rather than tool steel.
However, the 300 has a micro-adjustable fence & significantly improved dust collection.
Hoping to go & look at both tomorrow.

You need to see these saws standing next to each other, when I was looking I was going for the BS350 but then the BS400 next to it was not that much larger and the footprint was almost the same. The parts that were larger is the table and a little in height but the 400 was floor standing so offset some of the height. Are you heading to Biven Machinery by any chance as that is where I got my 400, good price as the sabre range had just come out. It is also worth mentioning that when you buy one please just throw the supplied blades in the nearest bin and order some from Tuff saws as it will save you some stress, search these forums and you will get the idea as my 400 was hopeless with the supplied blades but a different machine with the Tuff blades.

Here is a good comparison of the models

https://www.greenvill.co.uk/product...lGqi8zAR8x6bdM2FA3qN7L08K0JFYoSk9cYtvuH7c9wli

and think ahead of what you might be cutting in the future but the 350 is probably a good choice unless you need those extra inches.

Latest posts

Back