New Diesel & Petrol Ban

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm Armed Forces. I understand explicitly why the Public Sector are not permitted to accept gifts.

In the end you just have to ask yourself one single and simple question - why is it that Starmer is taking a huge string of criticism, when this "gift" subject has not been raised once in the previous 10 years, (despite his gifts being dwarfed in value by most of the cabinet members of the previous government)?
I was with you up to the unsubstantiated point above, then you made the whole post a nonsense.

I was with you up to the unsubstantiated point above, then you made the whole post a nonsense.
Yes, interesting that in the entire rambling post that follows he doesn't share the nature of his "explicit understanding of the reasons why those in the public sector should not accept gifts".
Nor does he offer any explanation as to why, whatever those reasons might be, they don't apply equally to Members of Parliament, who one could argue are the ultimate public sector employees.
On the face of it rather contradictory.

I'm led to believe that many of these gas storage cylinders were scrapped and the steel used in springer canal boats?
Not sure if this is true?

Always wondered how they sealed the telescoping sections of them.
I assume they were lifted by the pressure of the gas, in which case, given the size and weight of the things, it must have been a fair bit of pressure.

A rather clever (but simple) feature of the design is that the domes are sealed by water, and rise only when filled with gas. This keeps out the air/oxygen which is needed for an explosion.

A gas leak could be dangerous, but the contents remain safe!

Back