Mitre saw trolley/table recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Bosch GCM 18V-305 GDC PROFESSIONAL mitre saw that weighs in at 26Kg.
1721820034799.png

I would like to buy a dedicated foldable stand with wheels. I understand I don't have to buy Bosch as they're mostly universal fitments, but I was wondering if anyone can provide some recommendations.

ERBAUER EMST200 - £99. Any good? It has actual rollers, but material support is minimal at 1500mm. I didn't realise Erbauer was a Kingfisher/Screwfix/B&Q brand.
Bosch GTA 2500 W - Very expensive £289, no actual rollers.
DeWalt DE7260-KJ - £288, Bosch one looks better. No actual rollers.
Makita WST05 - £154. I've seen some reviews that suggest it's a little flimsy.
Makita WST01N - £373. More expensive than the Bosch.
Lumber Jack MSS200 - £99. It looks like it's well made although I am not sure how stable it will be in the folded and upright position with the saw attached.

Are there any that I am missing or any opinions on the Makita WST05?

Many thanks

W.

Last edited:
Are you looking for portability or just a stand ? If portable then it is worth getting something that will make life easier that has the extensions and allows you to cut long lengths with ease but if in a workshop then it is just an expense as you could easily build a mitre saw workstation.

Are you looking for portability or just a stand ? If portable then it is worth getting something that will make life easier that has the extensions and allows you to cut long lengths with ease but if in a workshop then it is just an expense as you could easily build a mitre saw workstation.
Hi Roy,

Portability is important. Also, I'm now only considering a stand + trolly that when folded with the saw attached, it can be stored in a vertical position.

Thanks.

are you looking for the best stand out there and will pay what it takes to get the best, or do you have a maximum amount that you are happy to spend and want the best base for that price?

are you looking for the best stand out there and will pay what it takes to get the best, or do you have a maximum amount that you are happy to spend and want the best base for that price?
Hi,

Best value for money. I'm not in the trade so it's not going to get the sh 1 t kicked out of it.

I typically buy well-made tools, fit for purpose and am prepared to spend a little extra for quality, but don't require the Rolls Royce. Equally, I don't want to have to tiptoe around the thing because looking at it the wrong way is enough to make it break.

Thanks

Looked at all sorts of fancy arrangement, in the end I just made a box from spare 18mm OSB with 4 inch castors on it, total cost less than £50 took an hour or two to make. Has a couple of little stops to locate the saw and I can store stuff inside the box too.
I leave it in the workshop, when I need to take the saw it on site I just put it on my MFT table or a workmate a couple of trestles or whatever, sometimes just on the floor.
It is sometimes easier to carry the saw without a stand through small doorways and up stairs etc anyway.

Ollie

Last edited:
I agree with @Ollie78, I have several "mitre saws", and over the years I've considered lots of options to assist with their mobility and storage, in all case I didn't pursue that option, having seen and used other peoples in real life, if you are trying to position them, set them up and then lump big bits of wood on them you soon come to realise their failings.

I have the simple Dewalt stand with shop made plywood side extensions, for site work, all of it packs away, but I can just pick up my saws and use them in isolation if needed.

Back