Metal Stamp - Personalise your treasures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard T":2dvt4ni4 said:
Ian has described this way round as being "sunk on the stamp."
So now we know.

I thought there would be some highly technical name for it...but I can live with that...that's plain English that there!

Thanks mate! Enjoy your stamp...and don't forget we need pics when it arrives!

Jim

jimi43":1wmoncsi said:
What is your reason for needing dates Rob?

Jim
Jim, I don't necessarily want to mark tools, but peices that I make. Pete (Newt) has kindly machined me a couple of 25mm brass discs and I've had them engraved with my initials and the date in Roman numerals. Hopefully, stuff that I (and others make) will last for two or three centuries and I think it would be good if the date that a piece was made was stamped on it as well as at least then someone from the future would know exactly the period when it was made - Rob

bugbear":30ipkrwq said:
jimi43":30ipkrwq said:

Jim

I use dates to stamp things I make, not tools.

"BugBear 2007" or whatever.

but then I bought one (*) of these cheap (**):

http://metalworking.mscdirect.com/CGI/N ... NO=2698271

BugBear

(*) two, actually :)
(**) 15 quid the pair, and a M&W micrometer thrown in.

Where have you had them from then BugBear? They're advertised as $500 on that site.
Cheers_Dan.

goldeneyedmonkey":29rpflbz said:
bugbear":29rpflbz said:
jimi43":29rpflbz said:

Jim

I use dates to stamp things I make, not tools.

"BugBear 2007" or whatever.

but then I bought one (*) of these cheap (**):

http://metalworking.mscdirect.com/CGI/N ... NO=2698271

BugBear

(*) two, actually :)
(**) 15 quid the pair, and a M&W micrometer thrown in.

Where have you had them from then BugBear? They're advertised as $500 on that site.
Cheers_Dan.

My local auction - I guess nobody else wanted them.

BugBear

I have a set of the cheap individual letter stamps - but they are difficult to line up properly.
I generally stamp my initials with a couple of small carving chisels - a half round one and a small straight one.

Rod

Harbo":f5buiwic said:
I have a set of the cheap individual letter stamps - but they are difficult to line up properly.

Yeah - most model engineering magazines run plans for some kind of line-em-up jig every few years.

BugBear

Harbo":28n5y39s said:
I generally stamp my initials with a couple of small carving chisels - a half round one and a small straight one.

Rod

Yeh...I tried that too...it looked dreadful. Although...that being said...in times gone by a lot of owners stamped their names on planes and suchlike with those and get them beautifully aligned...

Their fonts were better too!

Jim

Latest posts

Back