Metal Stamp - Personalise your treasures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
For some time now I have wanted to get a metal stamp to personalise my tools and ultimately, when I retire, the ones I make.

A lot of Googling got me nowhere fast but a quick email to our mate Philly and it was sorted.

He thankfully recommended a superb company...the CHALCO STAMP AND DIE COMPANY and a really nice and helpful guy...Ian.

A few weeks later and for not a lot of dosh...it arrived...

DSC_0252.JPG

Apart from being really impressed by the stamp itself...and the result...I was really happy with the company and Ian.

This is a really "old quality" company...professional craftsmen who really care about the end result and are rightly proud of it. They sent two test pieces on endgrain boxwood...to cope with the hardest of stock...

ktstamptestboxwoodcropped.jpg

....and then run the process right through to delivery with instant and personal communications and understanding.

I am posting this because it is about time we supported small British companies like this...companies that make "Made in Britain" something to be proud of and companies that deserve to thrive!

Why not get your name done...personalise your gems for Christmas...and what an excellent present it would make too! :wink:

They don't have a website but can be contacted at this email [email protected]

Take care guys and gals....

Jimi

Very nice.

So how much will an infill with that mark on be worth in years to come?

:)

I'd been meaning to ask for a long time - when I first saw your pictures all marked 'KT Productions' I sort of thought you must work for the Kentish Times as a photographer, and were posting from work!

I guess I was wrong, wasn't I?

AndyT":dwpuwvb0 said:
Very nice.

So how much will an infill with that mark on be worth in years to come?

:)

I'd been meaning to ask for a long time - when I first saw your pictures all marked 'KT Productions' I sort of thought you must work for the Kentish Times as a photographer, and were posting from work!

I guess I was wrong, wasn't I?

Priceless mate...priceless!

Katie was my sister....she sadly passed away age 34...far too soon. The "KT" brand is my memorial..it's on all my projects.

I will take your erroneous thought as a compliment though...thanks mate!

Jim

Without wanting to be rude/nosey/cheeky, can you give us a rough figure (to the nearest £10 or so) as to how much one would be?

Once I actually start building stuff and if I think I am any good, I would considering getting one.

Pvt_Ryan":bzqtlqau said:
Without wanting to be rude/nosey/cheeky, can you give us a rough figure (to the nearest £10 or so) as to how much one would be?

Once I actually start building stuff and if I think I am any good, I would considering getting one.

I was going to put a price up there but didn't want to misquote because I think it depends on the number of letters (which in my case is quite minimal) but let me just say....you wouldn't get a meal out for two on it! :wink:

The amount of work that has gone into it....it is a real bargain!

Ian is very personable and he would be happy to quote for your lettering if you pop off an email to him. He answered my query within hours.

Cheers mate.

Jim

Jim
A wonderful stamp - looks fantastic! Glad I could push you in the right direction - support British craftsmen!
Cheers
Philly :D

That looks really nice, chalco stamp and die email saved for a future enquiry I reckon 8)

jimi43":2bszrzui said:
I was going to put a price up there but didn't want to misquote because I think it depends on the number of letters

Given the amount of interest being shown on this forum, it would seem to Ian's substantial advantage to allow you to post a detailed "rate card" (assuming he has one). Why not ask him?

BugBear

bugbear":7oqurzx2 said:
jimi43":7oqurzx2 said:
I was going to put a price up there but didn't want to misquote because I think it depends on the number of letters

Given the amount of interest being shown on this forum, it would seem to Ian's substantial advantage to allow you to post a detailed "rate card" (assuming he has one). Why not ask him?

BugBear

Definitely sounds like a good idea. :wink: I'm certainly interested in having a new name stamp made.

-------------

Jim,

Which font size did you go with for your stamp?

I was only on about getting one done the other day in the woodturning section.

Email to them will be sent shortly. I expect it to be high due to the complex logo i have.

Thank You

Ian emailed me today saying he had a number of emails of interest so that's fantastic!

I have asked him for rates so that I can post here or invited him to join as I am sure he would be a valued member of this renowned site.

More later when I get a reply!

Cheers and thanks for the kind words guys and gals!

Jim

I got a quote. For my initials & surname (10 chars including full stops) it was the price of a meal for 2 but still quite reasonable so i've said I'll be in touch in the new year..

Hi Jimi

I got intouch with Ian, as you mention he is a nice bloke and very helpful. He gave me an initial quote for the Name i wanted on the stamp, so now just have to sort out the type that i will be happy with.

Hope you don't mind i did mention your name and the post you have done about the stamps on the forum.

Cheers m8 appreciate the post.

Dave

Mine arrived in the post this morning. Beautifully crafted and spot on communication through the whole process, including a namestamp sample on a small piece of timber for my approval, before the stamp was hardened and sent on its way.

Thanks Ian! :eek:ccasion5:

Plumberpete":1jdnpn7t said:
Mine arrived in the post this morning. Beautifully crafted and spot on communication through the whole process, including a namestamp sample on a small piece of timber for my approval, before the stamp was hardened and sent on its way.

WOW! That was fast moving! Two days!

Any chance of pics of yours mate?

Jim

jimi43":1xej7rpj said:
Plumberpete":1xej7rpj said:

WOW! That was fast moving! Two days!

Any chance of pics of yours mate?

Jim

No! Not in two days! :shock: I ordered it quite a while ago (I entered into correspondence with Ian about a month ago.)

Here's a bad photo - I can't seem to take detailed close ups with my camera! :?

DSCF1872.jpg

Latest posts

Back