Laser Level Woes - Bosch GCC + LR7

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niemeyjt

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Bosch GCC green 3D laser level - normally I use it on its own indoors.

Needing to use it outdoors, I bought an LR7 - which basically beeps then does nothing - no up or down indicators - even when testing indoors when I can see the laser and I can be certain in lines up.

Anyway, assumed LR7 was faulty so sent it back and got another - which does the same thing - brand new.

So - is there a knack? Have I missed something in the manual? Anyone else have good or bad results with this combo.

Before I send the LR7 back - again! I cannot believe two are faulty.

TIA

J

I don’t know this model but mine ( Leica Lino 2 ) bleeps when it is out of level . Assuming yours is self levelling they have to be reasonably level for this function to work . Also does it have a locking mechanism for transporting it to and from and are you releasing this lock before trying to use it ..

Thanks - The laser seems fine - battery charged, level, unlocked. It puts out lines just fine.

The LR7 is a receiver that is supposed to pick up the line even when invisible to naked eye and give up/down indications - this is the bit that fails.

Ah I see my apologies I misunderstood your post - do you have to pair it to the level- seems unusual for 2 units to be faulty but nothing is impossible these days ..

What is the exact model of the laser?

Does the manual for the laser say it is compatible with the LR7 receiver?

The manual for the LR7 specifically says it is for a pulsating (rotating) beam and that you should check compatibility in the laser's manual.

I suspect that the 3D laser is a continuous (non-pulsating/rotating) beam, so there's your problem lady.

What is the exact model of the laser?

Does the manual for the laser say it is compatible with the LR7 receiver?

The manual for the LR7 specifically says it is for a pulsating (rotating) beam and that you should check compatibility in the laser's manual.

I suspect that the 3D laser is a continuous (non-pulsating/rotating) beam, so there's your problem lady.

Looks like you are almost 100% correct - there seems to be a setting on the laser level itself to make it pulse (or whatever) so the LR7 can detect it.

I had been looking at the LR7 - not the GCC.

Thanks.

Back