Interesting pieces of furniture 18

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please PM me with ideas for this series with descriptions of why you like them, that way I can keep it more regular

Isn't one of the important issues about anything as remarkable as this (and many of the others in this series) that of context? Yes it might look hideous in my lounge, but what about the environment where it was actually intended to be situated? If it is part of a family of pieces for a particular location, I could see it being much more attractive than just plonked on a website out of context.

My 2p.

And thanks for doing these, Tony, much appreciated.
S

First off I can admire the looks, and marvel at the construction skills but I couldn't live with the style, or indeed with the piece. Legs just don't look 'right', however wonderful whatever it is that is going on in/on the top/box.

Second off - does it inspire me to try something even vaguely similar? - no.

So, that's a zero boat floated thingy here.

Having said that, and acknowledging that I also do the bending down and peering under things in shows/museums/etc, I would like to see some of the more showy pieces actually open or somehow in use?, in a designer setting if possible?.....or have I missed the point of various supplied links that other folk have provided?!

Back