Howdens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rang them this morning - they said that their cabinet pricing structure was too complex to put online.
Just shows what a sull bhip company they are.
I had dealings with them earlier this year when a friends son bought a kitchen from them via a builder mate of his, Howdens “designer” drew the plan I’m not quite sure how she thought you get a washing machine waste from one side of the kitchen to the other where the drain was but that turned out to be one of the smaller problems of her design.
As for their solid surface fitters I wouldn’t let them in my dogs kennel, apparently according to them a Belfast sink doesn’t need sealing to the worktop.

I've not had issues only that as a one man outfit it's good to just fit. If your doing one every fortnight say then outsourcing all the other disciplines is invaluable. Combined with great stock levels is even better. And I'm a hater. But you don't have to put much effort in to beat there quality/value. But much effort is some effort and when times tight it can be invaluable.

Each individual branch can be amazing or rubbish or often in the middle. If you think howden̈s cabs are rubbish try b and q they are flimsy with the L shape corners having no wood rails just flimsy metal things.

I designed and ordered from DIY kitchens. Pretty simple process, all clear with timeliness and products. They double check your design and offer advice, (ultimately the onus is on yourself for the order).
I also enquired about additional items after I'd made the order, their customer service explained how to find their product codes for the items and also how to order what I needed.
Have you had issues with them?
Ditto - very helpful. And when we flooded, five years after our initial order they were able to dig out our order and re-price with any necessary changes because of production mods and our revised layout.
They were still cheaper than Howdens as far as I can tell. I wish I’d taken the cash from the insurance,bought from them and fitted myself but just too much flooding turmoil sadly.

Gentles all, she says she's having a new kitchen in 4q this year. She was thinking Howdens, but after reading the comments in here I'm wondering what the better options might be. I don't mind assembling units myself, I just want good quality at a fair price. I'm suspicious of Howdens now that I know their pricing structures are complex (for that, I read arbitrary). DIY Kitchens seem to be recommended as do Wren.. anyone got any further recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Howden can be OK. But I suggest taking full advantage of there complete system. Design supply delivery, replace damage. Then you can appreciate why there a successful outfit. I really can't abide Howden BTW. It's hard to compare an outfit that only provides cabinets.

Thanks JB. We're looking for a like for like replacement on cabinets. All the white goods are already in place, so probably won't ge using any design services.

Back