Help identify headstock cover from small lathe please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trextr7monkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m trying to find out what machine this cover has come from, it’s quite fancy as these things go and from its size has come from a small bench top machine. Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks
Mike
IMG_1519.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg
IMG_1518.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg

I could be totally wrong but it does look a bit like the guard from the top of a pillar drill, stops fingers getting in the pulley. Bit like this.

FE515282-2749-43E6-975D-42EE56F2DA69.jpeg

I could be totally wrong but it does look a bit like the guard from the top of a pillar drill, stops fingers getting in the pulley. Bit like this.

View attachment 187496
Thanks yes that’s possible! I’ve had a Progress drill which had a similar cover but it was more of a dome and more enclosed but I could see this having that function with the ridges on the outside mimicking the stepped pulley underneath.
It came in a box with lathe bits which led me to think it must be off a lathe !

But equally it could drop over the pulley block on a lathe I suppose, I think you may have to repurpose it, but to do what?

A helmet for a small centurion with a pony tail...

Sorry, couldn't resist, I'll get my coat on way out 🤣

The drill cover seems a better use on a lathe it would still let all the swarf and chips down into the machine. If I can find out it’s original source then hopefully it can be put back into use at some point.
Re the helmet theory it is reminiscent of “ Noggin the Nog! 🤣🤣

Back