Health Secretary:"People who are abusing NHS staff can be turned away, and should be turned away, if that is the way that they are treating our staff"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deema is so triggered. He wants to be racist to NHS staff and still get treated cos it’s England innit.

Too many armchair racists these days.

I have to say chaps, the left wing contingent when they know they have no ground to stand on to make a legitimate point revert to type. Cancel culture. 😂😂😂😂😂
Please provide two coherent reasons why a person of sound mind should be allowed to racially abuse staff and still expect treatment?
And don’t do the low IQ response of ‘what if he’s got Alzheimer’s’

Stealing is a crime…. ‘what if he is stealing bread to feed his family’
Murder is a crime … ‘what if it’s self defence’
And so on

Low IQ arguments to justify wanting a crime (like racial abuse) to be decriminalised.

@sammy.se lets just take Alzheimer’s or Dementia as an example. There are a number of distinct stages to the illness and in the later stages the individual can become aggressive and shout out. It can include lashing out and verbal abuse. This isn’t the individual, it’s caused by the disease. Staying with mental conditions, brain injury or concussion can also have the same effect. This list of conditions that can cause someone to become aggressive and / or abusive is significant. To conclude a brief list of mental conditions that can cause a person to be aggressive

• conduct disorder.
  • intermittent explosive disorder.
  • oppositional and defiant disorder (ODD)
  • attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • autism.
  • bipolar disorder.
  • schizophrenia.

Whilst governments carry on making up new laws about racism, we ought to be more worried about the ever-changing definitions of racism which appear to be evolving from violence to vocal and, soon, mentioning anything at all that could, by anyone in close proximity, be classed as racist.

There are already sufficient generic laws for racism and crimes against the emergency services. We don't need any more, just enough police around to enforce the existing laws.

I think Labour are looking for ideas to bolster their lack-lustre start to their term. Wes Streeting could, of course, be a plant, sent in by the Tories, of course to scupper Labour's credibility. If that is the case, then it seems to be starting well.

As one of the forum rules makes clear members should not post any defamatory or otherwise false information I’d like to ask the moderators the open question as to whether this thread should be removed.

Wes Streeting may be a politician that I don’t particularly like but it’s simply untrue to say he’s advocating the death penalty. There’s too much division and tension being stoked by alarmist headlines online. By his own admission the OP has extrapolated what has been said.

I’d also suggest that the foray into which race/country is the most racist is farcical and detracts from what the funding requests sent out from time to time claim this forum is aiming to be.

@sammy.se lets just take Alzheimer’s or Dementia as an example. There are a number of distinct stages to the illness and in the later stages the individual can become aggressive and shout out. It can include lashing out and verbal abuse. This isn’t the individual, it’s caused by the disease. Staying with mental conditions, brain injury or concussion can also have the same effect. This list of conditions that can cause someone to become aggressive and / or abusive is significant. To conclude a brief list of mental conditions that can cause a person to be aggressive

• conduct disorder.
  • intermittent explosive disorder.
  • oppositional and defiant disorder (ODD)
  • attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • autism.
  • bipolar disorder.
  • schizophrenia.
To be fair to you Deema, your reply is educational to me. So you are saying that what might appear as negative/anti-social behaviour may be early stage or undiagnosed illness, right? I’m inclined to see it your way on this point.

To be fair to you Deema, your reply is educational to me. So you are saying that what might appear as negative/anti-social behaviour may be early stage or undiagnosed illness, right? I’m inclined to see it your way on this point.
Yes, exactly. A medical practitioner has already posted earlier how glaucoma can cause aggression / irrational behaviour. There are simply numerous conditions that can cause irrational and violent behaviour.

And you don't think doctors will be able to check that before refusing treatment to the abusive patient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back