harvey industies Deft saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would anyone want to purchase a new saw at a resonable price?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe, depending on cost?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Creampuff":xelkbf0i said:
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/power-tools-&-accessories/routing/router-table-tops/RT27430/micro-dot-router-table-top---27%22-x-43%22

Andy

Thanks Andy I nearly chocked on my bacon sarnie when I saw the £160 price tag.
The US Woodpecker price of $160 or £99 also seems a lot, but IMHO it is not to bad when you think that it is 27"X43" and laminated with two pieces of 5/8" MDF covered on both the top and bottom in Phenolic and pre drilled to accept my Incra LS. On top of that the hole has already been cut for my Woodpecker insert, and a mitre slot with track is also already cut and fitted. Along with the time it would take me to make it, I do not think it is that bad a price. But the extra £60 that Rutlands want is just that bit too much for me.

When you consider that you will not be ordering bulk, I do not think that you will be able to offer it much cheaper would you Ciscoeuk? So I suppose its about time I made my own.

It seems that they are importing a lot more Woodpecker things since I last looked.

Cheers

Mike

When you consider that you will not be ordering bulk, I do not think that you will be able to offer it much cheaper would you Ciscoeuk? So I suppose its about time I made my own.

£60 extra is not just profit is the bloody vat and import duty as well as margin for rutlands, but remeber the £ against $ is sh*t at present, so hang on

after seeing that link to woodpecker tops i think i will put it on hold for the moment

if you order direct from woodpeckers USA, it works out around £145, inc shipping, but theres limited warrenty with it and possible duty?

i will be stocking componets for making jigs

i am at presrnt try to sorce t-track and fittings in the uk, trying to find the manufactuerm phew!

atn, b 8)

jorgoz":31rkahxi said:
What about a DECENT mobile base, like HTC's mobile bases ?

i am planning to sell asll heavy items with a mobile base as standard, simular to the htc brand but i might change that....

ciscoeuk":31knngjx said:
who said i was offering minimal support ?

my comment wasnt intended as a slight to you but more a comment on the import of machinery from overseas in general

that said it was mentioned further up the thread that your chinese supplier was offering a return to base warranty only - having to ship a saw back to china for repair fits the definition of "minimal support" in my book

however if you are going to be offering in the uk repair or replacement then this is a different fish of kettles

big soft moose":3b2sloj4 said:
however if you are going to be offering in the uk repair or replacement then this is a different fish of kettles

this is still under reveiw and i would like to offer a full repair and back up service, i do intend to stock stock a small quanity of spares for the saw,
motors, switches, bolts, etc,

but if there a major fault, that i can not deal with, then it may have to be shipped back, or scrapped and replaced bu the manufactuer, which could be upto 60 days, for a replacement or a swap, which ever is the beter for the customer?

atb

jorgoz":2alhwmif said:
How about a dust barrier system for that dust free finishing like Zipwall ?

Protec International Ltd
Construction House
Adlington Industrial Estate
Adlington Cheshire SK10 4NL

freephone: 0800 834 704
freefax: 0800 834 705
e-mail: [email protected]

are the UK stockists? they have the market already

I do like this product and may in the future take a second look, anyway this would be ideal for a spry booth for my model aircraft hanger

thanks for the suggestion

Back