Garden project preparation for garden room

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silken

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a work in progress, garden room is for next year. This year we began transforming the back section of the garden; previously fenced off by other owners.

After clearing the rubbish and moving anything of use I removed the fence panels, I then hired a man and his digger, who did a great job levelling the area, not completely level but close enough, the ground is like concrete in places lots of cobbles.

After teddy completed his site inspection (see 3rd image) I got materials for retaining the banks and creating planters (got to keep the wife happy), I laid the weed matting, fitted posts, gravel boards - slabs and blocks for paving and curb stones, with a final fitting of gravel boards on a bed of pea gravel.

The garden room will be for next year, I will take it to the max allowed using permitted development 30ms, this will include a shed for garden tools and a paint store; approximately 5.5m x 5.5m in total area. I need to design this using Onshape once I learn how to use it :ROFLMAO:.

Attachments

• GRoom-Proj2.jpg
    GRoom-Proj2.jpg
    364.2 KB
  • GRoom-Proj3.jpg
    GRoom-Proj3.jpg
    305.1 KB
  • GRoom-Proj4.jpg
    GRoom-Proj4.jpg
    276.6 KB
  • GRoom-Proj5.jpg
    GRoom-Proj5.jpg
    293.6 KB
  • GRoom-Proj6.jpg
    GRoom-Proj6.jpg
    284.1 KB
  • GRoom-Proj7.jpg
    GRoom-Proj7.jpg
    250.6 KB
  • GRoom-Proj8.jpg
    GRoom-Proj8.jpg
    250.6 KB
  • GRoom-Proj9.jpg
    GRoom-Proj9.jpg
    227 KB
Always amazes me how much material you can have to get rid of to make an area that looks "pretty flat" to the naked eye genuinely level.
Looking good.
We only had to clear the rubbish, tree branches old fencing etc, filled a 7qubic yard skip with about 10 qy's of rubbish :ROFLMAO: @ £300 a pop it was going in. The actual ground was raised about 400mm or 16 inches on one side and dropped to about 600mm or 2 feet on the other, but it has a lot of cobbles in it; so difficult to dig - even the digger driver found it hard.

Between the patio and the back section we had a 300mm 1f high gravel board, once levelled out it was almost the same hight.

Part of the project was getting my neighbours trees cut back, and our 1 tree topped, fortunately I got mates rates on the tree work.

Latest posts

Back