Folkstone Fixings (FFX) placed into Administration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Example purely for illustration: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03326979/filing-history

Last accounts published Jan 24 show P&L loss of £2m, negative cash flow (ie out) of £2.3m net and BS shareholders total funds down from £8.3m to £5.3m positive, so could survive for a while but will need serious action to increase sales and cut costs. Next accounts would be due in Jan 2025. I would buy from them but for anything large would collect in person and as a creditor they would be on very tight terms and low limit if I were supplying them.

There is more to looking at public accounts than this, but it is worth doing to get a rough idea and takes a couple of minutes and is free.

Not forgetting £1.2m of the loss is attributed to restructuring including redundancies and exiting a building lease early, presumably to cut year on year operating cost.

These really are tough times. I've had good experiences with FFX on a few occasions. Although I've never had the need to test their customer service so can't comment on that aspect. So many struggling business' right now, I just hope enough of the good companies can navigate the storm and come out the other side.

Had mixed service from FFX. The customer service response on both occasions was poor.
1. Asked them to delay despatch for a week of a Kapex KS60. I was in Toronto when I ordered it - they delivered it the next morning!! Fortunately a neighbour took it in.
2. Took a day off work to receive a Metabo Thicknesser. Wasn't despatched. took about a week for it to turn up. A mix of FFX and the courier's fault on this. FFX had a couldn't care less attitude.
3. There wasn't a three - I just stopped trading with them following 1 & 2.

I've used them quite a few times and they were competitive on prices. Not always the best on packaging though, I had a Makita mitre saw come in its original box. The box was damaged including the saw and some fittings were missing that had escaped through a hole. They did replace in quickly though and the second box came a bit better packaged.

Had mixed service from FFX. The customer service response on both occasions was poor.
1. Asked them to delay despatch for a week of a Kapex KS60. I was in Toronto when I ordered it - they delivered it the next morning!! Fortunately a neighbour took it in.
2. Took a day off work to receive a Metabo Thicknesser. Wasn't despatched. took about a week for it to turn up. A mix of FFX and the courier's fault on this. FFX had a couldn't care less attitude.
3. There wasn't a three - I just stopped trading with them following 1 & 2.

Funny - a KS60 was my final straw as well.

Back