Folkstone Fixings (FFX) placed into Administration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just joined this forum & trying to find out, as a supplier to FFX, if I have to write off over £4k of stock supplied to them or if I can get back that which they haven't sold yet!!
Be proactive. Everyone else will be.
Review your contract terms as @AJB Temple says. This is important.
Contact the administrators as @Noel says. State what you are owed and assert your rights over your property if title is still yours.
The administrators are required to follow the hierarchy of claims over the assets of the business. They'll be scambling to get control of it, lock it down and understand the mess that they have on their hands. Staff have to be laid off with urgency, so there isn't a functioning business there any more just the administrators, some key staff kept on for now and a bunch of people possibly working out their notice but totally distracted by the need to find other jobs.

I've just joined this forum & trying to find out, as a supplier to FFX, if I have to write off over £4k of stock supplied to them or if I can get back that which they haven't sold yet!! As a small manufacturer this is a massive hit to our turnover & cash flow. I will survive but it's going to be more tough years ahead:(
Hi, I'm sorry to hear your news. If you don't have a 'retention of title' clause on your invoices then you will, probably, get very little from the administration.
You need something like this on your invoices, 'Notwithstanding the other provisions in these Sales Conditions, XXXXX shall retain ownership and title to the Products delivered to the Purchaser by XXXXX until the Purchaser has made full and final payment of all amounts (including interest, costs and penalties) that it owes to XXXXX under all Agreements entered into ...'.
The above should do the job, but I would get a solicitor to confirm the wording that you need.

Latest posts

Back