Folding sawhorse idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throbscottle

Established Member
Reaction score
I could do with a sawhorse or 2 but haven't got room to store it/them. So I was thinking, make each side with a board connecting the legs, to maybe 1/3rd of the way down, and hinge one side, so it can fold flat, and have some kind of flappy arrangement between the bottom edges of the 2 boards to prevent minge movement when it's in use.

Does the idea hold water? Anyone?

Well I’ve read it a couple of times but still not really sure of your idea. Suggest a quick sketch, doesn’t have to be brill.
Ian

Oh yeah. Tee hee hee.

I never even thought to look for existing designs. I looked at a couple of slot-together ones here on UKW (very impressive) whilst looking for how to make a normal one, then went straight to "folding" in my head.

Right here's a rough drawing I did in LibreOffice Draw. It's just a way to make one side fold in and be able to lock it when in use.

Attachments

• Folding saw-horse.jpg
    Folding saw-horse.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
If you've never used one, the commercial versions are good. Expensive obviously, but metal joints make for speed, strength and stuff like adjustable legs.
I can vouch for toughbuilt, bora have similar, and I have a related product that tells me the dewalt yellow and aluminium trestles derived from their mitre saw stand will be strong and sturdy too.

Latest posts

Back