Fobco 1/2” Cap Bench drill dimensions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too heavy to carry home on the bus or train.
Small enough to fit in any car or van you might use.
They'll go on the back seat of a car with some padding or in even a small hatchback with rear seats down.
Bigger than the little £30 supermarket bench drills of the 80's
Smaller than the bigger Jet and Axminster modern bench drills

Startrite Mercury is probably similar in size and weight.

How rough dimensions do you want?

Wembley stadium would be large enough to accommodate one.
A 20 foot container would have capacity for five or six.
A standard 500mm kitchen wall cupboard would hold one if you took the shelf out.
Picture here:

https://ostiatools.co.uk/product/fobco-star-1-2-13mm-bench-drill-press-230v-single-phase/

You can look up the size of a standard building block and infer the size from that.

I clearly haven’t been very astute with my request! I was looking for length, width and height of the drill, not Wembley stadium!

Too heavy to carry home on the bus or train.
Small enough to fit in any car or van you might use.
They'll go on the back seat of a car with some padding or in even a small hatchback with rear seats down.
Bigger than the little £30 supermarket bench drills of the 80's
Smaller than the bigger Jet and Axminster modern bench drills

Startrite Mercury is probably similar in size and weight.

Thanks. That’s really helpful.

Best I can do. I don't own one. But hopefully you are not trying to figure out if it'll go in the passenger seat while your wife and 2 kids squeeze in the rear during a detour on the way home from from a trip to the zoo :)

PS - please share the measurements here when you do have yours home safe. It was a good question and I couldn't find the answer either.

Back