Flip over saw head locking knob loose / not locking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattD

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 18ish year old MacAllister flip over saw and it has just started to not lock into place when being used as a table saw. I've tried to tight the internal bolt and also the allen/hex "lugs" on the locking knob but have not been able to rectify the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can tighten the knob so that the saw head stays in place? Link below is to a dropbox folder with some images.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/myib...CwZBzFm8?rlkey=7j9oi3y4ncrlac49tzkvaphrq&dl=0

If any one is able to advise me on how to resolve it I would b very grateful.

Many thanks,

Matt.

Unless you're lucky enough to find someone with the same saw, who has fixed the same problem, then the only way I know to deal with things like this is to strip it down, clean it all up properly, and examine it carefully under a good light. Experience says there is sometimes a crack in the plastic somewhere that is opening up under pressure. Not always easy to find.
Good luck.

Always thought that this saw is almost identical to the Metabo KGT501. Exploded diagrams can be found on that saw. The knob is a different shape on the Metabo, more of a 'T' which you pull out and turn to lock and unlock the head.

Mine suffers from sawdust getting into it which binds up the mechanism because I don't use extraction. Best bet would be to dismantle as it may well be clogged with dust. Somewhere else on the forum mentions the same issue because when it's used in table saw mode dust drops inside the machine

Latest posts

Back