eBay scrapping selling fees for private sellers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I use Aliexpress or Alibaba first (if I'm going to buy Chinese stuff, I'd rather buy it direct rather than through an Ebay seller thats selling factory seconds for twice the price you can get from the manufacturer for good ones)- the biggest issue is the time it takes to get here- usually a week to three weeks is normal to Australia from China... I wil use Ebay in 'an emergency' if its time critical, but like I said- the Ebay sellers tend to be reselling factory seconds (often lower quality or with defects) and usually at quite a high markup!!!

I do use FB marketplace- (but only for 'local to me' stuff- thats one advantage, is that you can set a 'distance ring' around you so it ignores anything coming from outside that distance)

The last Ebay buy was ages ago (I needed some replacement clearance lights for a trailer I rent out, so needed them quickly) and although they were from the same manufacturer that I normally buy from direct- these were obviously factory seconds- about half of them (box of 10) were wired 'back to front' ie the positive and negative leads were reversed (something I had never seen from the actual manufacturers ones ever- before or after) so I had to test each one on a battery before hooking it up permanently...
They wanted evidence of it, so I actually made a short video of the issue...
Someone stuffed up...
(only 55 seconds long)

To add insult to injury, I paid more for those lights by over double, than buying a box of ten direct...
:cry:

Last edited:
Back