Cutting Sizes on a MFT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Ardvark

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Sorry if this has been asked before but being new to the forum may I get away with it?
My question is on a standard mft top, what is the rip size in MM using a benchdog fence and a dog in the top and bottom row of holes for the track to rest against?
The answer I would like is one size at the narrow normal setup and one if the setup was at the table set sideways at the longest setup.

Assuming you’re after the crosscut size, from memory It’s about 550mm just using benchdogs as the ‘fence’, so take away 20mm for the fence and you’re about there. You can extend it a bit by adding holes for the rail to bear against between the outside row of holes and the edge of the MFT top - it’s the benchdogs that the rail bears against that restricts the width of the material.

Assuming you’re after the crosscut size, from memory It’s about 550mm just using benchdogs as the ‘fence’, so take away 20mm for the fence and you’re about there. You can extend it a bit by adding holes for the rail to bear against between the outside row of holes and the edge of the MFT top - it’s the benchdogs that the rail bears against that restricts the width of the material.
Cheers Peter,

This brings me to more questions.
On a C700 saw horse with two lengths of 4x2 fitted what is the outside measurement between the two pieces of 4x2?
The reason for the question is that the idea is to fit two mft tops side by side, therefore I'll be able to meet my 600mm min rip from the benchdog fence. With having two tops side by side will have plenty of support cutting the sheets I'll be using. BUT this may only happen if the mft top is long enough to reach from one 4x2 to the other.

Latest posts

Back