Cordless power washer, anyone had one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just brought one mainly for watering the garden when we have a hose pipe ban to save me walking back and forwards with a watering can(I have 5 water buts around the garden).
So far I have used it to water the garden, clean the car, clean algae off of the greenhouse glass and finally clean some patio slabs. The latter cleaning the slabs compares well with the mains one I have.
As for the other jobs, it does clean/water them very well.

I bought the Worx one a couple of years back. Intended use was primarily washing down bikes when out on the road before loading them in the van.

We feed it from any source - e.g. just dip the hose with filter in a river, or a bucket filled from wherever. Or now that we are fancy, the vans’s undermount water tanks.

It has enough power for washing - i blast the chunks off the bikes, and also use it for cleaning the van etc at home as it’s more convenient to use IMO than a mains one, which I haven’t used since getting it despite having one. The pressure isn’t anywhere near, but that limits damage you can do - e.g. you won’t blow the grease out of your bearings, the paint off your car, or the jam out of your doughnut.

It’s just about powerful enough to spray some snow foam with a suitable attachment, if that’s your thing.

A friend liked mine and bought the titan. That’s a bit more peppy, and also comes with a 5AH battery which is nice, for similar money.

Aaron

I have just brought one mainly for watering the garden when we have a hose pipe ban to save me walking back and forwards with a watering can(I have 5 water buts around the garden).
So far I have used it to water the garden, clean the car, clean algae off of the greenhouse glass and finally clean some patio slabs. The latter cleaning the slabs compares well with the mains one I have.
As for the other jobs, it does clean/water them very well.
What make is yours please?

I bought the Worx one a couple of years back. Intended use was primarily washing down bikes when out on the road before loading them in the van.

We feed it from any source - e.g. just dip the hose with filter in a river, or a bucket filled from wherever. Or now that we are fancy, the vans’s undermount water tanks.

It has enough power for washing - i blast the chunks off the bikes, and also use it for cleaning the van etc at home as it’s more convenient to use IMO than a mains one, which I haven’t used since getting it despite having one. The pressure isn’t anywhere near, but that limits damage you can do - e.g. you won’t blow the grease out of your bearings, the paint off your car, or the jam out of your doughnut.

It’s just about powerful enough to spray some snow foam with a suitable attachment, if that’s your thing.

A friend liked mine and bought the titan. That’s a bit more peppy, and also comes with a 5AH battery which is nice, for similar money.

Aaron
Interesting note about the Titan version, the Worx one does get mentioned quite a bit

Is your Worx one the £200 version of the cheaper one?

The Mobi Washer is considered quite good by many mtbers the V15(15 ltr tank) runs off the car/van. The V17 has a built in battery and bigger 17ltr tank

Only experience of pressure washers is the diesel type. These have an operating pressure of about 3500psi and can run cold or hot water. Used to use them cleaning down meat processing machinery at work
These big ones certainly do a hell of a clean up job.

Interesting note about the Titan version, the Worx one does get mentioned quite a bit

Is your Worx one the £200 version of the cheaper one?
I pad about £140 2 years back, and that was a kit with collapsible bucket, soap dispenser, brush and what not. At the time there was only one version, so it looks mine is the cheaper one now.

I pad about £140 2 years back, and that was a kit with collapsible bucket, soap dispenser, brush and what not. At the time there was only one version, so it looks mine is the cheaper one now.
Thanks for that, yes the more expensive one seems to have been introduced more recently, it seems a few other manufacturers also brought out an "upper" model

Its good to know the cheaper version is usable

Still unsure what to go for but gathering info is useful

Screwfix just sent me a £10 voucher off but hasn't swayed me yet ;-)

I have the Ryobi one which is advertised on the TV. Be careful as they do a smaller version
Thanks for that, not looked at Ryobi yet , just checked and the price around £190 (or could be the lower modeel at a high price) which is cheaper than I expected but still more than I want to pay just now

The Mobi Washer is considered quite good by many mtbers the V15(15 ltr tank) runs off the car/van. The V17 has a built in battery and bigger 17ltr tank

Only experience of pressure washers is the diesel type. These have an operating pressure of about 3500psi and can run cold or hot water. Used to use them cleaning down meat processing machinery at work
These big ones certainly do a hell of a clean up job.

Thanks for that, looks okay but I can't seem to find anyone selling it in the UK, I only found one used one on ebay

Oddly enough I cant find the company either. Though it has been a long time since i looked so maybe they've stopped operating.

The V17 seems to have some generic brands, so maybe research those, see who rates or reviews it.

What was it's intended use ?

I'll post up a thread on one of the bike forums, see whats recommended.

Update -
From the bike forum, the overwhelming opinion is for the Worx hydroshot. About 20 positive recommendations. Thats more than about 90% of the replies.

Back