Cookies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can't reject all cookies from ukworkshop.co.uk and remain logged in - it won't work ;) - download an extension for firefox such as cookie quick manager and you will see the cookies which are active - 5 currently for me on this site...

if you delete all cookies that would include the user cookie / session cookie - the website would keep seeing you as not yet logged in and give you no access to content as 'cerro' - you might be able to use it still as an anonymous user, but not as a logged in user
Is this why when I read the links from the morning email, if I want to join in to any of the threads I have to log in and out each time?
It’s all a mystery to me. And quite tiresome. Even now I’m told I’m logged in but it won Let me post!!

Try ghostery private browser. It automatically fills in the gdpr form on loading the site, blocks ads and unnecessary cookies. I've used it for a couple of months now and it is brilliant. It's on playstore and appstore.

FFS! I'll be dead soon, you too probably....life's too short. Your bloody phone, tv, Alexa and whatever else you inevitably have are all listening anyway so whatever you do your messed!

Don't click on any email links and tell anyone who calls (if you don't know them) to f*ck off!

Get a grip!

To me if you visit a site and reject cookies other than ones required to make the site work,that should be it forever.
You said no once and that should be it, period.
That would require a cookie to remember the you've rejected cookies...

... and then they track all the sites you've rejected cookies and then use unique device identifier to tie you to your activity on those other sites.

Mind you, they do that anyway so rejecting cookies only gets you so far.

The Washington Post ran a piece on this, and when the journo turned his tools on the WaPo site, he found they were doing it as well and made it part of the story!!!

The net is a wounderful thing which was given free, But is terribly abused for greed. Thank you everyone I have learnt a lot from this Post

The net is a wounderful thing which was given free, But is terribly abused for greed. Thank you everyone I have learnt a lot from this Post. I have a private email for friends but also a free Protonmail with free VPN for all other emails and I use Advance System repauir abount every two weeks It helps a little with keeping safe Thank You again.

Latest posts

Back