Coaxial cable connectors for TV

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris152

Established Member
Reaction score
I've searched the net and can't find my answer.

These two are the connections on our TV ariel cable, one into the wall socket, one into the back of the hard drive. Am I right thinking they're both female connections? I've searched for a new, longer (5m) cable and it seems female to female doesn't crop up where I'm looking.

Thanks, C

IMG_20241003_170831.jpg

I suspect from the proportions those are actually male connectors looking at them, albeit with a tubular centre pin, but it's difficult to be definitive from a photo. If that centre pin fits inside the centre tube of the mating connector it is male.

They're called Belling-Lee connectors if you want to search for them online.

Belling Lee or 75 ohm coax connectors- those are the males, readily available online as plugs (use 75 ohm coax!!) or premade 5m is also readily available online or at most hardware stores in premade 5m lengths (the premade ones usually have the same connector (male) each end but also usually include a female to female adapter to turn them into an 'extension cord'...

Usually about $8 to $15 Australian
1727974121132.png

This is the female to female adapter.. (note the difference in the center pin...)
1727974063353.png

Back