car boot find

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
found this at the car boot today, just needed new batteries! 50p

20240803_104806.jpg

I have one and you got a real bargain there. They are invaluable for measuring any kind of gap and I use it for drawer apertures if i can't fit a vernier. Test it for accuracy just in case. :giggle:

Last week I picked up a Stanley No3 £5, 1kg two part body filler for £3 but the biggest bargain was a Singer Heavy Duty sewing machine £10. The seller told me when he switched it on he could hear the motor turning but the needle wouldn't move so may need repairing. I got it home, plugged it in and found that it was switched over to bobbin-winding mode. I switched it back and it works perfectly. This week - nothing.
20240725_182813.jpg_compressed.JPEG

20240726_153620.jpg_compressed.JPEG

I managed 40 garden pots glazed with patens for £65 came from a house clearance chap ,No plastic ones, less than £2 each , some of the big ones had price stickers on saying 2 for £30 , I'm happy, all part of my garden re furb after 2 + years of neglect due to health issues. I may even pop up a photo if anyone is intrested .

The best deal I had was a Kity spindle moulder, the type that comes from a multi part kit and shares a motor. It came with a DeWalt head and a selection of about 6 pair of cutters, plus all guarding, adjustable fence , drive belt etc, but no motor or pulley, all for £30. Biggest job was carrying it back to the car (it was a big site).

K

The best deal I had was a Kity spindle moulder, the type that comes from a multi part kit and shares a motor. It came with a DeWalt head and a selection of about 6 pair of cutters, plus all guarding, adjustable fence , drive belt etc, but no motor or pulley, all for £30. Biggest job was carrying it back to the car (it was a big site).

K
The seller's mate did help me but carried a no.2 fly press across a boot fair. How could I say no for 20 quid! But I still think one arm is longer than the other.....

Adidat

Back