Capacitor help needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of a job that I need my generator for and half way through it stopped producing power.
In desperation I took apart the box that contains the outlet sockets thinking that there may be a fuse in there but found a capacitor that had a hole blown in the side of it.
It is a 16uf but it also has 2 voltage figures on it 420v-10000H/class B and 470v-3000H/ class C it has 4 spade terminal connections on it but only 2 are used can anyone point me in the right direction to get a replacement fast.
Many thanks in advance.

Ebay

The other numbers are the typical life predictions according to operating voltage. Choose at least 450v rating for the replacement

Maplin also stock motor start/run capacitors, I got one for my belt and disc sander there recently.

Thanks for advice it was the voltage figures that confused me. I have ordered 1 from an ebay seller and hope that there is nothing else wrong that could have caused the original 1 to fail.

Back