Bought a Kity 613 to fix 😳

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodwork Journey Dean

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have a problem as it turns out. I hate seeing old machines getting into land fills and have had moderate success with most things (other than aRexon table saw).

But today I spent a whole thirty quid on a Kity 613 with a broken top wheel

IMG_4622.jpeg
IMG_4624.jpeg

I spoke to a few companies that do spares, for this (same as Scheppach Basato 3) but you can’t buy replacement wheels in the UK, so I’ll be trying out a few options including 3D printing one if I can design it!

Will need tyres, fence, blades etc but I’m up for the challenge!

Should be easy enough to get a piece of ally welded in, then hand finish it to shape.
Rather than a whole replacement.

If you can score another busted 613 with a good top wheel, you can assemble one good frankensaw from the two and probably at a very fair price. You'll even have some spare parts to list on ebay.
Socket/switch, blade guides, guard, lower wheel, motor, plastic door, top knob, table, trunnions might all sell even if you can't fix the wheel.
Good on you !

Last edited:
Should be easy enough to get a piece of ally welded in, then hand finish it to shape.
Rather than a whole replacement.
The biggest problem would be to get a repaired wheel properly balanced.
It would probably be easier to make a new one from scratch than to repair the original. Easy enough if you have a decent sized lathe, although a big enough alloy blank would be expensive.
I think sideways has the right idea, just cannibalise another one.

While welding and re-machining or machining from scratch would be ideal if a replacement couldn't be found a wooden wheel wouldn't be difficult to make. Cutting the spokes off and facing one side to be flat would allow the hub to be bolted and epoxied to a Baltic Birch stack of plywood. Then the assembly can be turned true and to size. After finishing it could be balanced by adding some screws and washers. Even if a lathe isn't handy mounting it and turning it against a router would make it round. If someday a replacement wheel were found it could be replaced but kept handy if it broke again or someone else was in the same pickle. She ain't dead yet.

Pete

However it's done OP needs to bear in mind it will be spinning at I'm guessing1400 odd rpm, and subject to considerable pressure from the blade. Needs to be well balanced so it doesn't shake the machine to bits, and strong.
Not into 3D printing but wonder whether it would be up to it.
Never seen any decent sized bandsaw with plastic wheels, which I would have thought they would have used if suitable as would be much cheaper.

Printed metal parts are being used in fighter jets but those machines are a little beyond most of us. Now if you have a buddy in aerospace maybe for a couple cases of beer they will whip one up. 😉

Pete

Back