Bosch POF 1200 AE stiff plunge clamp release knob

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Croolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought one of these a few hours ago. Got it out the box. The plunge release lever that you have to depress with your thumb to get the thing to plunge is really stiff. I think it's fine, I think it's supposed to be that stiff (!). But it's awful. I mean, it's really hard to move. A bit of messing about with it, trying to use it, has left my hand feel worn out, tip of my thumb sore.

I've seen some other folks on here have this or the 1400. The actual plunge is smooth enough if you can only depress that damn lever down enough to make it run freely. I get the impression that when folks say this thing, at least, has a stiff plunge it's because they're not depressing the lever enough. And it needs depressing all the way to get that smooth plunge. But it's making me want to let go the handles, place right hand on top of the unit to plunge it while putting all my left hand to forcing the lever down. :eek:

I mean, I might not be the beefiest bloke in the world but I'm not a total lightweight. It's like - this, really?

I see that by the lever there are some plus and minus marks but these are for the fine adjustment knob that is on the 1400 version but not mine. Do 1400 owners find that unwinding the fine adjustment knob makes the plunge release lever easier to use?

It's kind of (pun intended) depressing, because otherwise I really like it. This is my first ever router, so I have nothing to compare it to. Please don't say to me "all routers are like this", because it's going to make me feel feeble :confused:

Latest posts

Back