Bosch PBS 75 Belt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just checked on this bosch site
https://www.boschtoolservice.com/de/de/boschdiy/spareparts/bandschleifer-pbs-75-0603270003
and both pulleys are listed as avaiable. Which pulley ae you looking for 831 0r 843 ? If you run the mouse over the parts diagram a price and availability box opens.
Cheers
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, I have just got round to trying to order it and while I can put the item in my basket when I try to check out it still says that the roller assembly is "out of stock". So that seems like a no-goer. I don't think it is possible to order from the other countries from Bosch website eg Bulgaria or Romania as the website doesn't accept a change of country.

Thanks Andrew, I have just got round to trying to order it and while I can put the item in my basket when I try to check out it still says that the roller assembly is "out of stock". So that seems like a no-goer. I don't think it is possible to order from the other countries from Bosch website eg Bulgaria or Romania as the website doesn't accept a change of country.
Which part number are you after? I'm in Austria and maybe I can get it from the website here?
Cheers
Andrew

I've got a feeling your going to have to do a bodge on this one. I would imagine my idea of tapping a couple of holes and fitting grub screws into the pulley from both sides would hold it. some JB weld epoxy in there would solidify everything.
Cheers
Andrew

Just search for "Bosch spare parts Bulgaria". One place that pops up is Spareka. There will be more, I'm sure.

Hi, thanks everyone. I am going to be occupied with one of my nieces' weddings this weekend so haven't had the opportunity so far to tinker with the sander as I had hoped. I will report back hopefully in the next week on progress on doing a bodge job first. I appreciate the suggestions for getting stuff from our friends in Europe - that is very useful to know. Thanks

An update.

I decided on a bodge job. I filed a groove in the sprocket hole as a sloping vee shape so that it would align with the flat on the axle. I then created a small shaped metal piece from a galvanised wire nail so that it fitted the bee shape and had a flat to have a tight fit to the axle flat.

I didn't epoxy it in, as I wasn't sure if it would work or indeed if it did for how long. But I have kept the metal piece in place by using a larger width washer to hole it in place and then tightened the nut over that.

I have since been using the sander flat out to sand down a sleeper bench I have with 60 grit. And I am pretty pleased that my badge join has held up and shows no signs of breaking - at this stage anyway.

And if it does break, I at least know a reasonably good bodge job I can refine a little further.

Thanks everyone for your ideas which have provoked me to do something instead of consigning the sander to the bin - not yet anyway!

Back