Blade length?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Idling through some marquetry-related stuff I've kept over the years, I came across some plans for a scaled-down chevalet.
I'd obviously considered having a crack at building it, but had soon realised that it was probably beyond my skill level, and it became buried.
I remember I did think of farming the job out to a local carpenter to at least cut the parts, but then....er...didn't.
Anyway, there's no fool like an old fool, so I gave it another eyeball last night...and spotted something.
The plans utilise (jewellers) blades of 6".
I thought all were around 5? All my current batch are...

I can just think of me back-slapping myself on completion, and then finding that all my blades are an inch too short! :LOL:

The context tells me that you are probably referring to a cutting rig of sorts - hence concerns over the blade length. But what I imagine from your use of the word 'Chevalet' is an easel.:unsure:

The context tells me that you are probably referring to a cutting rig of sorts - hence concerns over the blade length. But what I imagine from your use of the word 'Chevalet' is an easel.:unsure:

Correct - it's a "cut down" version of a Marquetry "Donkey", a very strange looking scroll/fret saw!

Correct - it's a "cut down" version of a Marquetry "Donkey", a very strange looking scroll/fret saw!
Ah... so this, or similar, could well have been the sort of thing used for cutting out the intarsia work of a certain furniture maker, by the name of "Monsieur Boulle". :giggle: .

Back